Naval Academy named after Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union N.G. Kuznetsov
Description of Naval Academy named after Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union N.G. Kuznetsov
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia;
- Age of students: from 16 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Kuznetsov Naval Academy is the highest educational institution in Russia. Within the walls of the BMA, specialists in naval affairs are being eduacted. The Scientific and Educational Center and the pedagogical staff of the BMA are directly involved in the creation of the latest warships.
The implementation of the educational program at the Naval Academy provides for the following forms of organizing the cognitive activity of cadets: lectures, practical and seminar classes, extracurricular work (exercises).
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the VUNC of the Navy "VMA" includes:
- Faculty of Command and Staff;
- Naval Polytechnic Institute;
- Faculty of Command and Engineering;
- Naval Institute;
- Branch of the VUNC of the Navy "VMA" (Kaliningrad).
On the basis of BMA there are two education centers - in Obninsk and Sosnovy Bor.
Cadets and teachers of the BMA annually take part in research activities conducted both by the Academy itself and on the basis of other educational institutions. Based on the results of participation in scientific work, cadets of the Academy are annually submitted for monetary incentives.
The most significant results of the scientific activity of the pedagogical staff of the Academy can be found at exhibitions and forums:
- exhibition "Innovation Day of the Ministry of Defense of Russia";
- Moscow International Salon of Inventions and Innovative Technologies "ARCHIMEDES";
- International Forum on Intellectual Property EXPOPRIORITY;
- International exhibition of means of ensuring the security of the state "Interpolitex".
Things to know about
The history of the Naval Academy began with the establishment of the Navigation School on January 14 (25), 1701 by the Highest Decree of Peter the Great in Moscow.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Naval Academy named after Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union N.G. Kuznetsov
Accommodation, meals, prices
Cadets and students of the BMA are allocated a place in a barracks-type dormitory. In the residential buildings there are conditions for a comfortable stay, equipped with bathrooms, showers and laundries, there is a room for tea drinking and cultural and leisure activities.
Meals for cadets and students of the Academy are provided in the canteen (free, 3 times a day).
Activities Naval Academy named after Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union N.G. Kuznetsov
Special attention in the Academy is paid to the patriotic, aesthetic and moral education of personnel. Every year, cultural events are held for BMA cadets: talent contests, concerts, sports competitions, balls.
Facilities and equipment at Naval Academy named after Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union N.G. Kuznetsov
The Kuznetsov BMA is located in St. Petersburg, the main building of the Academy is located in the Primorsky district of the city on the Ushakovskaya Embankment. All BMA classrooms are equipped with multimedia systems and computers, and classrooms for practical exercises and rooms for practicing military skills are equipped with specialized simulators. Separately equipped with an educational and laboratory complex. In educational buildings, classrooms and auditoriums are equipped with computer equipment, laboratory equipment, technical and control.
At the disposal of the Kuznetsov BMA there is a field education base and a sports complex.
Admission dates and extra charges
The educational process at the Kuznetsov BMA is carried out according to the semester system. September 1 is the beginning of the school year, the end depends on the schedule of the educational process. One course consists of two semesters and two intermediate examination sessions.
Every year, cadets are granted a summer vacation (30 days) and a winter vacation (15 days).
Additional costs will be minimal, for personal needs. The cost of food and accommodation of personnel is included in the budget of the Academy.
The applicant first submits an application to the department of the military commissariat of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation at the place of residence before April 1 of the year of admission to the university. The following package of documents must be collected for the application:
- birth certificate (copy);
- identity and citizenship document (passport, copy);
- characteristics from the place of study, work or military service;
- a document on education and (or) on the qualification confirming it (certificate or diploma, copy);
- 3 photographs (4.5×6 cm );
- service card of a soldier (if any);
- certificate of education or period of study (for students in educational organizations of secondary vocational and higher education).
The selection committee checks the level of physical fitness of the candidate: endurance, speed and physical strength are checked.
In addition, a psychological analysis of each candidate is carried out: selection on a psychological basis is aimed at rational staffing of the Academy with cadets from among citizens.
In addition, the candidate is obliged to submit a certificate of admission to state secrets in the second form.
After the first year of education at the Naval Academy, cadets conclude a contract for military service for the period of education and for 5 years after education at a military educational institution.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For successful passage to the Kuznetsov BMA, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Physical education ;
- Successful completion of internal tests of the university;
- Completed secondary general education (11 grades) or secondary vocational education;
- High results of the Unified State Exam.
Candidates for education at the Academy must undergo a mandatory diagnostic health test.
Scholarships Naval Academy named after Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union N.G. Kuznetsov
Cadets undergoing education at the Kuznetsov Academy are entitled to receive a salary: the amount of payment is calculated from the salaries of the military rank and the position of the cadet.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Naval Academy named after Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union N.G. Kuznetsov
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.