National Research University "Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology" — MIET
Description of National Research University "Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology" — MIET
- Location: Zelenograd, Moscow, Russia
- Year of foundation: 1965
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Forms of education: full-time, full-time, correspondence
- Number of students: more than 4 000
- Type of education: mixed.
The National Research University "Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology" (MIET) is one of the leading technical universities in Russia. For half a century of existence, MIET has achieved scientific heights in research and innovation, education of specialists. At the moment, about 4100 students study here in bachelor's and specialist's programs, master's degrees. Disciplines are taught by a highly qualified staff of 600 people: professors, candidates of sciences, associate professors.
Demanded departments of the university:
- Higher mathematics
- Military training
- Information security
- Engineering graphics, design
- History of Russia, State and Law
- Integrated electronics, microsystems
- Quantum physics, nanoelectronics
- Marketing, project management
- Economics, Management, Finance
- Philosophy, sociology, political science
- Telecommunication systems
- Physical training.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in National Research University "Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology" — MIET
Accommodation, meals, prices
The campus is located off campus in 15 minutes by public transport. On the territory there are:
- Library, reading room
- Medical center, sanatorium-dispensary
- Classrooms for self-training, computer classes
- Sports halls, dance studio, club
- Guest rooms
- Dining room.
Students live in four 5-storey, one 11-storey building, united in a residential campus for 2000 people. Students live in rooms of 2-4 people.
- The cost of monthly accommodation: from 835 to 1540 rubles, depending on the conditions.
Activities National Research University "Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology" — MIET
MiET sports sections:
- Team sports: football, volleyball, basketball
In the dormitories there are open sections:
- Martial arts
- Table tennis
- Dance studio
- DJ Club
- Musical groups.
Football, volleyball, basketball, hockey teams of the campus play in the first and highest leagues of the city of Zelenograd.
Creativity at the university is:
- City holidays "Day of Knowledge", "City Day", "International Students' Day", etc.
- KVN teams
- Thematic festivals, concerts
- Student Theatre
- Dance groups.
More than 30 student clubs are opened at the university, about 150 events are held per year.
- Military Department, Military Training Center
- Ratings: "Expert", THE World University Rankings, "Interfax", SuperJob, QS University Rankings, Round University Rankings, QS Stars, "RIA Novosti", etc.
- Winner of many competitions, for example, for the right to create a Competence Center for NTI in sensory.
Facilities and equipment at National Research University "Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology" — MIET
The university has been located in the southern industrial part of the city since 1967. On the territory there are:
- Faculty buildings with auditoriums, laboratories and practical classes
- Sports Complex
- Canteens, buffet
- Medical center
- House of Culture.
The sports complex is equipped with:
- Six-lane swimming pool
- Indoor game complex for basketball, volleyball, mini-football, etc.
- Outdoor stadium with football field, running tracks, sports grounds
- Ski base.
On the territory of the campus there is a sanatorium-dispensary, providing students in several areas of health care:
- Therapeutic massage
- Cabinet for inhalation
Admission dates and extra charges
In the academic year, two semesters: spring and autumn, each followed by an examination session. Couples are held from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 and last until 20-22 hours, between them there are breaks for rest and visiting the dining room.
Additional costs include:
- Books, consumables
- Medical care
- Personal expenses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Schoolchildren planning to enter MIET can attend courses of preparation for the Unified State Exam, cycles of free classes, special events: "University Saturdays", "Open Day".
For remote submission of documents or obtaining accurate information, each applicant can register in the Personal Account.
Applicants entering the bachelor's degree must provide:
- Application for admission, consent to data processing
- Copies of personal documents (passport, SNILS, medical certificate, etc.)
- Copy of secondary education certificate, scorecard
- Individual achievements in the presence of
- Results of the Exam.
Future masters should be provided with:
- Application for admission, consent to data processing
- Copies of personal documents (passport, SNILS, medical certificate, etc.))
- Bachelor's degree program, transcript of courses taken
- Individual achievements: publications, research, etc.
- + pass the mandatory introductory test.
Documents should be submitted in June-July.
Scholarships National Research University "Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology" — MIET
Scholarship programs subject to stable academic success and absence of debts:
- State: academic, social scholarships, awards to graduate students - from 2500 to 12 000 rubles per month
- Nominal scholarships, programs of the Government and the President of the Russian Federation, the mayor of Moscow and the Moscow region - from 1400 rubles to 7000 per month.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about National Research University "Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology" — MIET
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.