Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation, MSTU GA
Description of Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation, MSTU GA
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Age of students: 18+;
- Type : mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian, English.
MSTU CA is an advanced university that creates a unique educational process based on innovative technologies and ideas. Within the walls of the university, teachers train professionals in their field, competitive personnel. The main partner of MSTU CA is a large Russian company Aeroflot: the best graduates of the university get a job and the opportunity to undergo additional training at the company's pilot school.
The educational process at MSTU GA is organized according to the schedule of the educational process. Schedules of training sessions are drawn up for the course and are available in the electronic database of the university to each student.
Faculties and colleges
On the basis of the university conduct their activities:
- Institute for Advanced Training and Certification of Personnel;
- Training and training center;
- Aviation Technical Training Center.
- Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Computer Engineering (FPMiVT);
- Mechanical Faculty (MF);
- Faculty of Air Transport Management (FWT);
- Faculty of Aviation Systems and Complexes (FASC).
- Department of Fundamentals of Radio Engineering and Information Security (ORTZ);
- Department of Aviation Fuel Supply and Repair of Aircraft (ATO and RLA);
- Department of Physical Education;
- Department of Aerodynamics, Structures and Strength of Aircraft (AKPLA);
- Department of Flight Safety and Life Activity (BP and Railway);
- Department of Higher Mathematics (VM);
- Department of Physics;
- Department of Computers, Complexes, Systems and Networks (VMKSS);
- Department of State Regulation and Law (GRiP);
- Department of Humanities and Socio-Political Sciences (GiSPS);
- Department of Aircraft Engines (DLA);
- Department of Organization of Transportation by Air Transport (OPVT);
- Department of Applied Mathematics (PM);
- Department of Special Language Training;
- Department of Technical Mechanics and Engineering Graphics (TM and IG);
- Department of Technical Operation of Aviation Electrical Systems and Flight navigation Complexes (TEAPP and PNK);
- Department of Technical Operation of LA and AD (TE LA and AD);
- Department of Technical Operation of Radio Electronic Equipment of Air Transport (TEREO VT);
- Department of Economics and Air Transport Management (EiUnaVT);
- Department of Electrical Engineering and Aviation Electrical Equipment (ET and AEO);
- Department of Air Traffic Control (ATC).
In addition, MSTU CA opened 6 branches in several regions of the country.
In MSTU GA special attention is paid to research activities. In the process of creating scientific works, methods of planning, organization and control in the implementation of experimental design work, research and the provision of scientific and technical services are implemented and improved.
Students under the guidance of teachers annually participate in scientific conferences, receive grants for innovative research work.
On the basis of MSTU CA conducts its activities "Scientific Bulletin of MSTU GA". Every year, research projects are implemented by order of the Moscow Department of Education.
Things to know about
MSTU CA is one of the hundred best universities in Russia (according to the results of the all-Russian competition).
The University was awarded the Diploma of laureate and the Gold medal (according to the decision of the Independent Public Council of the All-Russian Competition).
MSTU CA is registered in the system of the International Civil Aviation Organization (International Civil Aviation Organization).
MSTU CA is the basic university of the Educational and Methodical Association (UMO) of universities of the Russian Federation for education in the field of operation of aviation and space technology.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation, MSTU GA
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident and foreign students, MSTU CA has a hostel with a total capacity of up to 725 people. The rooms are equipped with upholstered furniture, tables and wardrobes.
In the main building of the university there is a dining room with a capacity of up to 90 people, in addition there are buffets in the dormitory building and educational buildings.
Activities Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation, MSTU GA
The administration of the university provides a competent approach not only to the training of future specialists, but also to their free time. On the basis of MSTU CA, a department of cultural and leisure activities was formed: this is the cultural, humanitarian and patriotic education of students, the development of creative activity and the popularization of creativity.
Excursions, concerts and festivals are held annually for students. There are various clubs:
- Vocal studio "KLADEZ";
- Theatre Studio "ORESTEYA";
- Literary Circle "LIRA";
- Choreographic studio "RENAISSANCE";
- Liga KVN MSTU GA.
Facilities and equipment at Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation, MSTU GA
The main building of the Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation is located in the Golovinsky district of Moscow, between the Kronstadt Square and the Mikhalkovo Estate Park. You can get to the main building of the university by metro to the Koptevo station, then about 20 minutes on foot. Inthe second, the educational building of the university is located 20 minutes walk from the main one.
All classrooms of the university are equipped with modern multimedia systems: computers, projectors, speakers, interactive whiteboards.
In the educational buildings of the university there are:
- simulator of full-size imitation of the cockpit of the aircraft,
- flight simulators for training in maintenance of aircraft of various types,
- gyms with autopilots and measuring equipment,
- computer lab,
- sports hall and library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The educational process at MSTU CA is standardly based on the semester system: one academic year is divided into two semesters, from 4-5 months each. At the end of each semester, an examination session is organized for 20-25 days.
Additional expenses for students include transportation, meals and leisure. Residents of the hostel need to remember about the monthly payment for the room: 588 rubles (for state employees) and 1200 rubles (under the concluded contract).
The deadline for submitting documents for the first year of the full-time department: from June 20 to July 25 inclusive. When passing internal tests, documents must be submitted no later than July 11. The applicant must provide a package of documents to the admission committee of the university. Main documents:
- Application for admission to MSTU CA;
- Certificate of secondary general education or diploma of secondary vocational education (copy);
- Identity and citizenship document (passport, first page copy and registration);
- 2-4 photos (size 3cm×4cm);
- Documents confirming the presence of individual achievements (copy);
- Medical certificate in the prescribed form (for those entering the full-time form, provided after enrollment);
- Documents confirming the rights to benefits;
- SNILS (copy);
- Registration certificate or military ID (for conscripts);
- Results of the Unified State Exam or internal written testing.
For nonresident students, remote submission of documents to MSTU CA through the service "Admission to the university online" is provided.
To date, more than 4,000 students are trained within the walls of the university.
The most popular areas of study are:
- "Technical operation of aircraft and engines", profile: Maintaining the airworthiness of aircraft" (937 students, of which 556 are in state-funded places),
- "Technology of transport processes" (601 students, of which 395 are on the budget).
During the training, students undergo practical training with major partners of MSTU CA. Excellent students receive places in such companies as follows:
- PJSC Aeroflot,
- AOZ MARZ DOSAAF,
- Volga-Dnepr LLC,
- LLC "Lukoil Sheremetyevo" and others.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Completed secondary general (11 grades), secondary vocational or higher education;
- High personal and business qualities;
- Successful completion of entrance tests or the Unified State Exam (including for citizens of foreign countries);
- Documents confirming the availability of sports achievements, conducting scientific activities and participating in Olympiads will be an additional bonus upon admission.
Entrance tests conducted by MSTU CA independently are held in writing (test) in Russian language.
Scholarships Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation, MSTU GA
MsTU CA provides material support in the form of scholarship payments. The state scholarship is from 1484 rubles per month, the scholarship for special successes - from 5000 rubles per month, for persons with social benefits - from 2227 rubles per month.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation, MSTU GA
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.