Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture, Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture
Description of Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture, Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture
- Location: Malakhovka village, Lyubertsy district, Moscow region, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture was founded on March 4, 1977 as the Moscow Regional State Institute of Physical Culture. MGAFK positions itself as one of the leading educational, scientific and cultural centers in the field of physical culture and sports.
The university practices traditional forms of organization of the educational process:
- practical and seminar classes;
- extracurricular work.
Faculties and colleges
The Academy consists of 5 faculties:
- part-time education;
- master's training;
- advanced training.
MGAFK has accumulated extensive experience in conducting fundamental and applied scientific research for the effective development of physical culture and sports with the participation of students, undergraduates, graduate students, attached persons, doctoral students, faculty and researchers of the academy in research work.
For a number of years, researchers of NIIT MGAFK have been involved in the scientific and methodological support of the men's and women's national weightlifting teams of Russia.
The number of documented results of intellectual activity of MGAFK employees is growing every year:
- 2017 — 3;
- 2018 — 8;
- 2019 — 5;
- 2020 — 7;
- 2021 — 16.
Things to know about
The number of full-time scientific and pedagogical workers is 156 people. More than 62% of full-time scientific and pedagogical workers have academic degrees and titles, honorary sports titles, and industry awards.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture, Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture
Accommodation, meals, prices
The academy has a dormitory for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as a dormitory for students of the faculty of advanced training. The dormitories have:
- kitchens for students to prepare their own meals.
The dormitory has a canteen for 216 seats with hot meals and a buffet for 64 seats in the main educational building.
Activities Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture, Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture
- holding the holiday "Day of Knowledge";
- Initiation into students;
- acquaintance of students with the history of the university, achievements in sports, labor and other activities of graduates of the Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture;
- participation in the celebration of the Day of the city of Lyubertsy;
- preparation of students for the meeting of excellent students of universities of physical culture and sports of the Russian Federation in Sochi;
- participation of students in the labor semester;
- participation in a festive rally dedicated to the "Day of National Unity";
- holding book and photo exhibitions of creativity of students and teachers dedicated to Victory Day;
- general academic seminar "Victory will be with us";
- preparation and participation in festive programs for children and youth dedicated to the Great Victory;
- patriotic action "Youth on a memorable watch";
- participation in military-patriotic events;
- military-sports championship among pre-conscription youth "Faster, higher, stronger!";
- International Students' Day "Moscow is the capital of student life!" and others.
MGAFK volunteers take part in events in four main areas of activity:
The academy has a student theater "Constellation", in which more than 20 students are engaged.
Sports training of students outside the university is carried out in the national teams of Russia (youth, youth, national), as well as in the teams of various levels in various sports included in the All-Russian Register. The strongest students of the academy take part in numerous official competitions of the federal and international level.
- Cooperation with foreign universities;
- Targeted training in state-funded places.
Facilities and equipment at Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture, Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture
The Academy is assigned to:
- a land plot with an area of 114,344 sq.m.;
- educational and sports building;
- gymnastic corps;
- the building of the Department of Theory and Methods of Athletics and the medical center;
- sports building;
- the building of the Department of Football and Hockey;
- building of the Department of Theory and Methodology of Winter Sports;
- 2 dormitories;
- 2 residential buildings;
- 2 sheds;
- Outdoor sports facilities:
- football field;
- jumping pits;
- mini-football field with artificial turf;
- 2 tennis courts.
To conduct the educational process, the following are used:
- wrestling hall;
- weightlifting hall;
- gym of the Department of Theory and Methods of Martial Arts and Weightlifting;
- basketball hall;
- a large multi-purpose hall;
- gym of the Department of Theory and Methods of Sports Games;
- shooting range for pneumatics;
- shooting range for small-caliber shooting;
- hall of adaptive physical culture;
- gym of the Department of Theory and Methods of Physical Culture and Sports;
- hall for fencing, rhythmic gymnastics;
- Athletics building:
- straight treadmills of 20 m;
- for long jump;
- for high jump.
For the educational process, 5 computer classes have been created, 35 multimedia projectors and an interactive whiteboard are used. There are 415 personal computers, all equipment allows you to use modern licensed software.
Sanitary and hygienic control and therapeutic and preventive activities are carried out by a medical center.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each ending with a test and examination session in accordance with the curriculum of the corresponding educational program. In the school year, holidays are established with a total duration of at least 7 weeks.
Additional expenses may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for nonresidents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
For admission you need:
- Document on education (certificate / diploma) with an appendix;
- Passport (or other identity document) – pages with a photo and registration;
- Documents confirming benefits (if any);
- Documents confirming individual achievements (if any).
Applicants undergo a mandatory preliminary medical examination.
You can apply for admission and documents in person, by mail or online.
Graduates of MGAFK are employed in:
- educational organizations;
- educational institutions of higher education;
- sports facilities;
- physical culture and sports clubs;
- fitness clubs;
- apparatus of physical culture and sports organizations of different levels;
- governing bodies of the Faculty of Culture and Sport at all levels;
- organization of additional education for children who carry out work on the Physical Culture and Sports;
- organizations engaged in sports activities and others.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document;
- successful completion of the professional test.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the exam:
- Biology — 38;
- Russian language — 45.
Scholarships Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture, Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture
The following types of scholarships are paid at MGAFK:
- state academic;
- state social;
In addition, the university provides financial support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture, Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.