Moscow State Academic Art Institute named after V.I. Surikov at the Russian Academy of Arts
Description of Moscow State Academic Art Institute named after V.I. Surikov at the Russian Academy of Arts
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Moscow State Academy of Arts named after V. I. Surikov is the successor of the Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture. Previously, the School existed as a drawing "full-scale" class, created in 1832 by a group of art lovers with the support and permission of the Governor-General of Moscow, Prince D.V. Golitsyn.
The main activities of the Institute:
- development and implementation of educational programs for bachelor's, specialist's and master's degrees, training of scientific and pedagogical personnel in postgraduate studies, assistantship-internship programs;
- implementation of scientific research and experimental development;
- organization and holding of socially significant events (collective forms of scientific and methodological activity, cultural and educational events, etc.), including with the participation of foreign persons in the Russian Federation and abroad;
- preparation and dissemination of scientific and methodological literature, as well as printed products and works of fine art;
- preservation and replenishment of library funds, archival documents, museum objects, art objects and props of the Institute;
- provision of information resources to structural units, employees and students of the institute.
Faculties and colleges
- Faculty of Painting;
- Faculty of Graphics;
- Faculty of Sculpture;
- Faculty of Theory and History of Art;
- Faculty of Architecture.
Over the past year, students and scientific and pedagogical workers of the Institute have been conducting research activities in the areas of "Fine Arts", "Decorative and Applied Arts" and "Architecture". During this time, 3 monographs and 75 scientific articles accepted for publication were published.
Things to know about
MGAHI provides information on the programs of International Academic Mobility from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation regarding the admission and internship of Russian students and graduate students.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Moscow State Academic Art Institute named after V.I. Surikov at the Russian Academy of Arts
Accommodation, meals, prices
At the Moscow State Academy of Arts there is a hostel for 313 places, which is provided to students studying on a budgetary basis. Applicants are not provided with a dormitory for the duration of the entrance examinations. On each floor of the hostel there are kitchens equipped with stoves and kitchen furniture.
In the main educational building of the institute there is a canteen.
Activities Moscow State Academic Art Institute named after V.I. Surikov at the Russian Academy of Arts
On the basis of the Institute and with its assistance, together with other institutions of cultural, educational and scientific orientation, the following are carried out:
- Exhibitions of young artists, students, graduates and teachers of Moscow State Academy of Arts;
- Scientific student, all-Russian and international conferences of students, graduate students and young scientists;
- Master classes and lectures for schoolchildren, students and teachers in drawing, painting, graphics, sculpture, architecture.
Also in the sports hall of the institute competitions are held among the national teams of faculties in various team sports.
MgAHI has a Student Council and a Student Scientific Society (SSS).
Facilities and equipment at Moscow State Academic Art Institute named after V.I. Surikov at the Russian Academy of Arts
The premises used by the Institute include: an assembly hall, lecture halls, auditoriums for seminar and practical classes, workshops, a computer class, teaching and methodological offices, a library with a reading room for 70 seats, a sports hall, a gymnasium, a dining room, administrative and office premises.
Classes are held in specially equipped classrooms, for which television, video equipment and furniture are regularly purchased.
Also, the Institute is equipped with special technical means of collective and individual use for persons with disabilities: sound amplifying equipment, alternative information input devices and information playback devices. The possibility of unhindered access to the classroom, toilets is provided.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the Institute begins on October 1 and consists of two semesters.
- Advanced training program;
- Professional retraining programs;
- Courses in painting and drawing (beginner and advanced level);
- Preparatory department for citizens of the Russian Federation and foreign citizens (drawing, painting, composition, Russian language and literature).
Documents required for admission:
- application for admission to the institute;
- identity document, citizenship;
- document on education;
- a document confirming registration in the individual accounting system (if any);
- a document confirming disability or disability;
- documents confirming individual achievements;
- six 3x4 photos.
Deadlines for receiving documents:
- the beginning of accepting the documents required for admission - June 19;
- completion of the reception of documents based on the results of entrance examinations conducted by the institute independently (bachelor's degree) - July 15;
- completion of the reception of documents (magistracy) - July 20;
- completion of the reception of documents on the results of the Unified State Exam (bachelor's degree) and from applicants without entrance tests - July 25;
- completion of entrance examinations conducted by the Institute independently - July 25;
- publication of the lists of applicants on the official website of the institute - July 27.
Number of students for 2022:
- Bachelor's degree – 88 people;
- Specialist class – 376 people;
- Magistracy – 15 persons;
- postgraduate studies – 14 people.
The official website of the Moscow State Academy of Arts publishes information from the Employment Center of Moscow on current vacancies in various organizations of the city of Moscow, other cities and regions of Russia.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The Institute provides admission to study in bachelor's, specialist's and master's programs. Applicants with secondary general, secondary vocational or higher education, confirmed by the relevant document, are allowed to master the programs.
Admission is carried out on a competitive basis based on the results of the Unified State Exam (bachelor's degree, specialist's degree) and (or) on the basis of the results of entrance examinations conducted by the institute independently (magistracy).
Scholarships Moscow State Academic Art Institute named after V.I. Surikov at the Russian Academy of Arts
Types of scholarships:
- Scholarship support for students and postgraduates of the Moscow State Academy of Fine Arts named after V.I. Surikov;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation.
Other types of material support:
- subsidies to students of moscow universities in dire need;
- material assistance (at the request of those in need).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Moscow State Academic Art Institute named after V.I. Surikov at the Russian Academy of Arts
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.