Moscow University for the Humanities, MosGU
Description of Moscow University for the Humanities, MosGU
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Moscow University for the Humanities is one of the largest non-state universities in the country. Moscow State University is a modern research and educational complex, implements a system of continuing education from college to graduate school.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the Moscow University for the Humanities includes:
- Faculty of Economics, Management and International Relations;
- Faculty of Advertising, Journalism, Psychology and Art;
- Faculty of Law;
- Institute of Additional Education.
At Moscow State University there is a publishing house "Socium", which publishes periodical scientific journals, monographs and other scientific works of teachers and students of the university.
- "Scientific Works of the Moscow University for the Humanities";
- "Knowledge. Understanding. Skill";
- "Horizons of Humanitarian Knowledge".
Things to know about
In 2018, Moscow State University signed a cooperation agreement with the Kronotsky State Nature Biosphere Reserve and the Reserves Ecocenter.
In 2020, a cooperation agreement was concluded between Moscow State University and Beijing United University (China).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Moscow University for the Humanities, MosGU
Accommodation, meals, prices
Moscow State University provides accommodation for nonresident students in the dormitory of the university; students from remote areas of Moscow can also apply for places in the residential building.
Two buildings of the hostel are equipped with all necessary furniture. Each room has a refrigerator, there is access to the Internet (Wi-Fi). A total of 1150 places are available for settlement.
Meals are organized in the dining room of Moscow State University or in small cafes and buffets. In the canteen of the university, students are offered a full diet, the cost of one meal (first course, second course, salad and drink) - from 150 rubles.
Activities Moscow University for the Humanities, MosGU
On the basis of Moscow State University, the creative union "University of Youth" was created, which has been actively operating for more than 15 years. This organization was created to reveal the creative potential of students and includes:
- Vocal studio;
- School of Self-Development;
- Theater-studio "Vokrug";
- Pop Dance School.
In addition, on the basis of Moscow State University since 2015, the environmental project "Green University" has been operating - within the framework of the project:
- regular subbotniks of the territory are held;
- summer recreation areas are being created in the park;
- sports events dedicated to a healthy lifestyle are held;
- environmental actions are carried out: delivery of waste paper, batteries, plastic, etc.
Facilities and equipment at Moscow University for the Humanities, MosGU
The campus of Moscow State University is located in the Eastern District of Moscow, Vishnyaki District. The university has its own territory of 54 hectares, it is fenced and is under round-the-clock video surveillance. In total, the campus has 8 academic buildings, a cultural center, 2 dormitories and a sports complex. In addition, a dining room, a cafe and a library are located on the territory of Moscow State University. In between classes, students can take a walk in the park and enjoy a holiday without gadgets.
Educational buildings are equipped and accessible to persons with disabilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at Moscow State University lasts 9-10 months: from September 1 to June 30 (taking into account the summer examination session). Holidays are divided into winter (2 weeks, January) and summer (2 months, July-August). On holidays, classes are not held at the university. In the intervals between semesters and vacation weekends, final and intermediate certifications are held.
The cost of living in a hostel:
- Building G — 8200 rubles / month;
- Building D — 9400 rubles / month.
Acceptance of documents at Moscow State University begins on April 15. The deadline for completion of the reception is August 24.
The applicant must collect the following package of documents:
- Identity and citizenship document (passport);
- A document of the established sample on education (certificate and / or diploma);
- SNILS (if any);
- 2 photos (3x4 cm, matte)
- Documents confirming the existence of special rights and / or advantages in admission, established by the legislation of the Russian Federation;
- Documents confirming individual achievements.
To date, about 3,000 people study at Moscow State University. The most popular areas of study among students are:
- Journalism : 158;
- Jurisprudence — 154 people.
About 80% of Graduates of Moscow State University in the first year after graduation find a job in their specialty. Graduates of Moscow State University can be found in leading Russian and foreign organizations, in state structures and public authorities. In addition, graduates of Moscow State University become leading specialists in advertising agencies, research institutions, large travel agencies.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The key to successful completion at Moscow State University is:
- Completed education: secondary specialized and/or secondary general;
- Successful completion of entrance tests or the Unified State Exam (including for citizens of foreign countries).
The minimum number of passing points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Mathematics , 27;
- Russian language — 36;
- Literature: 32;
- History, 32;
- Foreign language — 27;
- Biology, 36;
- Social Studies, 42;
- Geography — 37;
- Informatics and ICT — 40.
Scholarships Moscow University for the Humanities, MosGU
Students of Moscow State University can count on two types of scholarships:
- Nominal (from 1500 rubles);
- Scholarship named after S.S. Filya (10 000 rubles).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Moscow University for the Humanities, MosGU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.