School-Studio (Institute) named after Vl.I. Nemirovich-Danchenko at the Moscow Art Academic Theater named after A.P. Chekhov
Description of School-Studio (Institute) named after Vl.I. Nemirovich-Danchenko at the Moscow Art Academic Theater named after A.P. Chekhov
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Moscow Art Theatre School-Studio was founded on April 26, 1943 at the Moscow Art Theater on the initiative of the founder of the Moscow Art Theatre Vladimir Ivanovich Nemirovich-Danchenko. The functions and powers of the founder in relation to the institute are carried out by the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation.
Faculties and colleges
The Institute consists of 3 faculties:
- Scenography and Theatrical Technology.
The results of research activities of the university are regularly presented in the form of reports at conferences. A number of leading teachers are members of scientists, dissertation, expert councils, editorial boards of external organizations.
Things to know about
The total number of full-time teachers and part-time students of the university is 103 people, of whom they have academic degrees and titles, honorary titles - 51 people.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in School-Studio (Institute) named after Vl.I. Nemirovich-Danchenko at the Moscow Art Academic Theater named after A.P. Chekhov
Accommodation, meals, prices
In the operational management of the Moscow Art Theatre School there is a comfortable student hostel, located within walking distance from the educational buildings, for 259 people.
The dormitory is equipped with:
- a sports hall equipped with fitness equipment;
- rehearsal room;
- special rooms for self-training of students for each faculty;
- workshops for self-modeling and costume making.
The hostel is equipped with:
- washing machines;
- electric stoves;
Meals are organized in the dining room of the Moscow Art Theater named after A.P. Chekhov.
Activities School-Studio (Institute) named after Vl.I. Nemirovich-Danchenko at the Moscow Art Academic Theater named after A.P. Chekhov
A large number of various creative and cultural-educational events are held annually at the Institute, teachers of the Institute are the initiators and leaders of a number of festivals, competitions, conferences. Teachers and students of the Institute take part in creative events:
- theatre projects;
Facilities and equipment at School-Studio (Institute) named after Vl.I. Nemirovich-Danchenko at the Moscow Art Academic Theater named after A.P. Chekhov
The Moscow Art Theatre Studio School has:
- educational building;
- student dormitory;
- Educational Theatre;
- non-residential educational premises.
All buildings have the necessary engineering support:
- centralized hot and cold water supply;
- supply and exhaust ventilation;
- automatic fire alarm system;
- warning and evacuation control system in case of fire;
- video surveillance system.
The Institute uses:
- Educational Theatre;
- dressing rooms;
- specialized rooms:
- rehearsal auditoriums;
- painting cabinet;
- design room;
- vocal cabinet, etc.;
- computer class;
- library with reading room.
Each course has a classroom with a projector and other equipment that provide distance learning:
- online training;
- video lectures;
- Internet testing, etc.
Practical classes are conducted in classrooms that have the possibility of functional transformation using:
- musical and other equipment.
Classrooms of the Faculty of Acting are equipped with:
- special educational lighting and sound equipment;
- Musical instruments:
- reed, incl. electronic.
Classrooms and workshops of the Faculty of Scenography and Theatre Technology are equipped with:
- special lighting (stage) equipment;
- sewing, ironing, exhibition equipment:
- racks for layout, etc.;
- production and other equipment:
- easels, etc.;
- working tools.
The Institute uses modern computer and projection equipment, software, provides access to the Internet and to the internal information systems of the Institute.
The Educational Theatre has all the necessary functional complexes of premises:
- premises of the spectator complex:
- premises of the demonstration complex:
- premises of technological support of the stage:
- premises for waiting to enter the stage;
- artistic latrines;
- costume designers;
- warehouses, etc.
The educational theater is equipped with stage sound, lighting, projection equipment.
The sound notification system is installed in all rooms of the theater:
- dressing rooms;
- artistic halls;
- rehearsal rooms.
Sports classes are held at the Sports School of the Olympic Reserve No. 25 in Moscow.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each of which ends with a test-examination session.
Additional expenses of students may include a fee for accommodation in a hostel (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
List of mandatory documents:
- consent to the processing of personal data of the applicant;
- identity and citizenship document, civil passport:
- a document on education or on education and qualifications (with an annex);
- 1 digital photo (3x4 cm), without oval, color, clear, clean and contrasting;
- 1 digital photo (10x15 cm), portrait, color.
The application for admission is submitted to the Admission Committee of the Moscow Art Theatre School only in electronic form with the application of documents by scanning or photographing pages with the provision of readable recognition of requisites.
You can submit documents from June 20 to July 7.
The school provides about 70 places for admission in all forms of education.
Employment of university graduates is carried out in the leading theaters of Moscow and Russia:
- Russian State Theater "Satyricon" named after Arkady Raikin;
- Moscow Theatre of Young Spectators;
- Moscow Musical Theatre "Helikon-Opera" under the direction of Dmitry Bertman;
- Moscow State Academic Operetta Theatre;
- State Academic Theatre of the Mossovet;
- Moscow Drama Theatre named after A.S. Pushkin;
- Moscow Theatre et Сetera under the direction of Alexander Kalyagin;
- State Academic Bolshoi Theatre of Russia, etc.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document;
- successful completion of professional and/or creative tests.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam is determined depending on the direction of training:
- Literature — from 42 to 60;
- Russian language — from 53 to 65.
Scholarships School-Studio (Institute) named after Vl.I. Nemirovich-Danchenko at the Moscow Art Academic Theater named after A.P. Chekhov
The following types of payments can be assigned to university students:
- state academic scholarship;
- state social scholarship;
- scholarships awarded by legal entities and individuals, including those who sent them to study.
In addition, the university provides material support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about School-Studio (Institute) named after Vl.I. Nemirovich-Danchenko at the Moscow Art Academic Theater named after A.P. Chekhov
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.