Military Academy of Material and Technical Support named after General of the Army A.V. Khrulev of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, VA MTO
Description of Military Academy of Material and Technical Support named after General of the Army A.V. Khrulev of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, VA MTO
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia;
- Age of students: 16+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The date of creation of the university is considered to be March 31, 1900.
The functions and powers of the founder of the Academy are carried out by the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the university includes:
- Command Faculty (Logistics and Railway Troops);
- Command and Engineering Faculty (Automobile and Road);
- Faculty of Retraining and Advanced Training;
- Faculty of Logistics of the National Guard Troops;
- Faculty of Technical and Transport Support;
- Special Faculty;
- Educational department for the preparation of the mobilization reserve from among the students of the university;
- Training Battalion of Junior Specialists;
- Training Battalion of Secondary Vocational Education;
- Research Institute of Military-System Research of Material and Technical Support of the Armed Forces of Russia VA MTO;
- Military Institute of Railway Troops and Military Communications va MTO;
- Military Institute (Engineering and Technical) va MTO;
- Volsk Military Institute of Material Support (branch of va MTO);
- Penza Artillery Engineering Institute (branch of VA MTO);
- Omsk Armored Engineering Institute (branch of VA MTO).
As co-executors and on an initiative basis, the scientists of the Academy annually carry out about 400 research works and publish more than 90 monographs.
In the competition for the best scientific works performed by students and cadets of universities of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, the Academy annually receives about 21% of the entire award fund.
Things to know about
VA MTO is a higher educational institution, scientific and methodological center of material and technical support of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Military Academy of Material and Technical Support named after General of the Army A.V. Khrulev of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, VA MTO
Accommodation, meals, prices
Cadets for the period of study are accommodated in dormitories, in which the following premises are provided:
- living rooms;
- information and leisure room;
- company office;
- weapons storage room;
- a room for cleaning weapons;
- room for sports activities;
- room of domestic service;
- a storage room for company property and personal belongings of cadets;
- place for shoe polishing;
- dryer for uniforms;
- washing room;
- shower room;
The bedrooms are equipped with beds and bedside tables.
In the room of household services there are equipment for ironing, tools for cutting hair and repairing uniforms, the necessary materials and accessories.
To feed students and cadets on the territory of military camps, canteens and tea rooms are equipped. When organizing meals in canteens, elements of the "buffet" are used: food distribution lines, salad bars are installed.
Activities Military Academy of Material and Technical Support named after General of the Army A.V. Khrulev of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, VA MTO
There are several dozen sports sections in the VA MTO.
Athletes of the university take part in the Spartakiads of universities, world and European championships, the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
Every year cadets participate in competitions, KVN.
Cadets of the VA MTO have privileges when visiting museums and theaters.
- training in state-funded places;
- double diploma.
Facilities and equipment at Military Academy of Material and Technical Support named after General of the Army A.V. Khrulev of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, VA MTO
The educational and material base of the university is divided into:
- General academic, including:
- Food laboratory;
- Training class of the history of the development of military uniforms;
- Lecture hall of tactics and operational art;
- 2 specialized logistics classrooms of the Aerospace Forces;
- Linguaphone room;
- Laboratory of Weapons and Military Equipment;
- Training Laboratory of Rocket Fuel, Fuel and Lubricants;
- Training class of the laboratory of rocket fuel, fuel and lubricants;
- Library with reading room;
- Bases for ensuring the educational process:
- in Luga;
- in privetnenskoye village;
- Nikolaevsky (act);
- Petrovsky (Hall of the Academic Council of the VA MTO);
- Meetings of the Veterans Committee;
- Historical and memorial;
- Sports facilities:
- Hall of hand-to-hand combat;
- Games room;
- Outdoor stadium of a wide profile with elements of an obstacle course;
- Single obstacle course;
- Shooting range;
- Temple of Demetrius of Solun;
- Media Center;
- Exposition and Exhibition Complex;
- Subscriber point of connection to the IVS;
- For training in the programs of higher and secondary vocational education, including:
- Audience of quality and personnel management;
- road safety;
- life safety and labor protection;
- engineering graphics;
- foreign languages;
- informatics and information systems;
- metrology, standardization and certification;
- organization of the transportation process;
- organization of transport services;
- organization of transport and logistics activities;
- fundamentals of research activities;
- socio-economic disciplines;
- technical means;
- the transport system of Russia;
- motion control;
- electrical engineering and electronics.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the academy begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each of which ends with an examination session.
Citizens who have completed and not performed military service, wishing to enter the VA MTO, submit an application to the department of the military commissariat at the place of residence before April 20 of the year of admission to the university.
The candidate's application shall be accompanied by:
- a copy of the birth certificate;
- a copy of the identity and citizenship document;
- characteristics of the candidate (from the place of work, study or military service);
- a copy of the document on education and (or) on qualifications;
- 3 photos 4,5 x 6 cm ;
- service card of a soldier (for military personnel);
- certificate of training or period of study (for students in educational organizations of secondary vocational and higher education).
The original documents are submitted by the candidate to the admission committee of the military educational institution upon arrival at the university.
Documents for candidates, medical examination cards and cards of professional psychological selection are sent by military commissars to the VA MTO until May 20 of the year of admission to the university.
VA MTO trains highly qualified logistics specialists for all types and branches of the armed forces of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation and other law enforcement agencies.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Citizens entering the Academy must meet the following requirements:
- education not lower than secondary general;
- age from 16 to 30 years.
The age is determined as of August 1 of the year of admission to the university.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Mathematics – 27;
- Russian language – 36;
- Physics – 36;
- Social Studies – 42.
Scholarships Military Academy of Material and Technical Support named after General of the Army A.V. Khrulev of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, VA MTO
Cadets are provided with a cash allowance, which includes:
- Monthly salary consisting of:
- Salary by military post;
- Salary by military rank;
- Monthly and other additional payments:
- Monthly seniority allowance;
- Monthly allowance for working with information constituting a state secret;
- Award for conscientious and effective performance of official duties;
- Monthly allowance for special achievements in service;
- Annual financial assistance.
Additionally, cadets can be assigned scholarships:
- President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
- Minister of Defense of Russia.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Military Academy of Material and Technical Support named after General of the Army A.V. Khrulev of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, VA MTO
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.