MB Scambi Culturali Summer Camp in Italy
Description of MB Scambi Culturali Summer Camp in Italy
- Established: 2011
- Location: Lignano Sabbiadoro, Italy
- Students age: 8-20 liters.
- Language of instruction: English, Italian
- Type of training: summer camp.
MB International Summer Camp is a summer center that combines learning English with sports and leisure activities in the magnificent residential sports center in the pine forest of Lignano Sabbiadoro. Scambi Culturali was founded in 1986: its main task is to satisfy the need for high-quality and professional language training for local and foreign students.
The camp accepts students from over 10 different nationalities from around the world. Lessons and classes for Italians are conducted in English, and foreigners can choose whether to conduct them in English or Italian. MB International Summer Camp offers two special differentiated programs: for children and adolescents 8-12 years old; 13-15 years old, for teens 16-20 years old.
The summer camp is built into the modern infrastructure of the village of Lignano Sabbiadoro (80 km from Venice): it is surrounded by 60 hectares of pine forest, there is 1.2 km of private beach. Lignano Sabbiadoro is located on the Adriatic coast, 80 km from Venice Marco Polo Airport. This is one of the popular Italian resort destinations, famous for its fine sand. The temperature in Linnano in the summer ranges from 25 ° C to 35 ° C.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in MB Scambi Culturali Summer Camp in Italy
Accommodation, meals, prices
The MB International program takes place in a large resort village called Bella Italia Village, where youth and family sports camps are held, and beach vacations are popular. Participants are accommodated in a residence inside the village in rooms with 2-4 beds, a bathroom and air conditioning. Students use the dining room on the ground floor with table service. Students of different nationalities of the same age and gender are populated in one room. The rooms (including the bathroom) are cleaned every day, bed linen is provided and changed every week, in each room there is enough space for storing clothes. Students have access to their rooms at set times throughout the day.
Three meals a day are provided in the self-service restaurant in the village, the restaurant building is located in the closed territory of the village.
The food consists of 3 dishes:
- Pasta or rice
- Meat, chicken or fish with cooked vegetables
- Salad or fruit (and sometimes dessert).
If a student has special nutritional requirements, notify MB at the time of enrollment.
Estimated Meal Time:
- Breakfast - 08: 00-09: 00
- Lunch - 13: 00-14: 00
- Dinner - 19: 00-20: 00.
There are vending machines in the village. Students 8-12 and 13-15 years old are provided with a free afternoon snack.
In the village there is a laundry room, on the territory of the residence there are pay phones where students can call home. It is allowed to use personal mobile phones every evening from 19:00 until the end of the day. The village has Wi-Fi, the cost is 10 €.
Activities MB Scambi Culturali Summer Camp in Italy
MB Scambi Culturali offers a daily program of sports, games and creative activities, which is conducted by experienced teachers of the school.
The program includes a wide range of services:
- Sports and games: football, basketball, volleyball, beach volleyball, beach rugby, tennis, treasure hunting, games on the beach, swimming in the pool / sea, games on the beach.
- Creative activities: mask master class, theater workshop, jewelry making, makeup. All events are held in multinational groups, students are encouraged to communicate in the language they are learning.
- MB Sport Academy (optional program): Students can choose one of five sports disciplines: football, swimming, basketball, volleyball, beach volleyball and training for 8 hours a week.
Nightly walks are held, at the beginning and end of the shift - welcome and farewell parties. In addition to organizing events in the village, students visit the city of Lignano: concert programs, quizzes, watching movies, visiting discos, fairs and pizzerias.
Every Thursday there is one full-day excursion to Venice, Trieste, Dolomites, Aquileia, Grado, Cividale, del Friuli Caves, Postumia in Slovenia + half-day excursion every Tuesday afternoon. Entrance fees are included in the course price.
- Intercultural student community includes 19 countries of students' origin - Russia, USA, France.
- For 4 weeks, 8 excursions are conducted in 4 different places.
- Participants in the summer camp can enroll in an exam preparation course (1 hour per day) and take the exam directly at the camp. Classes are held daily after lunch. Students receive a LanguageCert certificate recognized by MIUR.
Facilities and equipment at MB Scambi Culturali Summer Camp in Italy
MB International Summer Camp has a 1.2 km long private beach, excellent sports facilities, including 4 modern swimming pools. A professional security service patrols the village 24/7.
Admission dates and extra charges
The most requested period of stay is 2 weeks, although you can stay for at least 1 week and a maximum of 4 weeks, arrival and departure take place on Sunday. Arrival at the camp on Sundays from 14:00 to 18:00, departure from 08:00 to 13:00.
- June 28 - June 4
- 05.07 - 11.07
- 12.07 - 18.07
- 07.19 - 07.26.
Transfer cost (1 way for 1 person):
- Venezia Marco Polo Airport - 115 € (Sunday, from 9.00 to 20.00), 195 € (during non-standard hours)
- Latisana train station - 75 € (Sunday, from 9.00 to 20.00), 110 € (during non-standard hours)
- Group transfers - by agreement.
- Transfer (one way) 195 EUR
- Transfer (one way) 115 EUR
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 110 EUR
- Medical insurance 90 EUR
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The level of language proficiency is not lower than A2.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about MB Scambi Culturali Summer Camp in Italy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.