Lyceum №87 named after L.I. Novikova Nizhny Novgorod
Description of Lyceum №87 named after L.I. Novikova Nizhny Novgorod
- Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- Students age: from 7 to 18 years old
- There are adapted educational programs
- Full-time form of education
- School uniform
- Stages of education: primary general, basic general and secondary general.
Lyceum No. 87 was opened in 1989. Currently, this educational institution is included in the list of the best general education schools in the city and the region according to RAEX, taking 14th place. Since 2019, Lyceum No. 87 is the base school of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Lyceum №87 named after L.I. Novikova Nizhny Novgorod
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Lyceum provides paid and reduced-price meals. Preferential meals are provided for:
- Children from large families
- Children whose parents are disabled
- Children whose parents died in the line of duty
- Disabled children
- Children from low-income families.
To receive benefits, parents / legal representatives of the child must fill out an application and attach certificates confirming their belonging to the privileged category.
The number of pupils using food services is about 86% of the total, of which:
- Primary school - 355 people (100% of all primary school students)
- 5-9 grades - 288 people (79% of all students in these classes)
- 10-11 grades - 81 people (65% of senior students).
130 people have been provided with preferential meals.
Activities Lyceum №87 named after L.I. Novikova Nizhny Novgorod
Additional education at the Lyceum is presented in the form of circles and sections:
- Football section (grades 3-6)
- Pioneerball (grades 3-4)
- "Young journalist" (grades 7-11) - learning the basics of journalism
- "Young technician" (grades 1-10)
- Technical design (grades 9-11)
- Robotics (grades 1-5)
- Dance club (grades 2, 4-8)
- Basketball section (grades 3, 7)
- Badminton (grades 1–2)
- Checkers (grades 1-8)
- Circles of natural science subjects - the study of ecology, geography, biology and the surrounding world.
Also, after school hours, students of the Lyceum participate in:
- Delivery of the TRP
- Social projects helping those in need
- Events dedicated to military holidays
- Sporting events
- Subject Olympiads
- The release of the lyceum newspaper.
The lyceum has a program of work with gifted children, consisting of:
- In-depth study of subjects
- Group lessons with gifted students
- Classes in hobby groups
- Participation in olympiads, creative projects
- Work according to individual plans.
In the summer, in the Nizhny Novgorod region, the Yard Practice project is being implemented, the purpose of which is to organize interesting recreation for adolescents and young people in the courtyards: competitions, contests, holidays and quests.
- In-depth study of mathematics from grade 7
- Additional education in various fields
- Participation of students in olympiads, competitions and projects
- Organization of summer vacations
Facilities and equipment at Lyceum №87 named after L.I. Novikova Nizhny Novgorod
The classrooms of the Lyceum are fully equipped with the necessary subjects and materials for a comfortable, safe and effective study. For the educational process, interactive whiteboards and projectors are used, and the library contains methodological, educational and fiction literature. The gym in the school building is equipped with exercise equipment and sports equipment (balls, skipping ropes, tennis tables, gymnastic equipment, etc.). On the territory of the lyceum, there is a sports ground for outdoor games, which in winter is poured under the skating rink.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year begins on September 1 and lasts 33-35 weeks depending on the class.
- Autumn: October 19 - November 3
- Winter: December 28 - January 10
- Spring: March 22-29
- Additional for the first grades: February 8-14.
Time of the school day depending on the class:
- Grades 1: 8: 10-13: 00
- 2 classes: 8: 20–13: 20
- 3 classes: 8: 30-13: 40
- 4 classes: 8: 30-14: 00
- 5-7 grades: 8: 25-13: 50
- 8-9 grades: 8: 30-13: 55
- 10-11 grades: 8: 30-14: 40.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the first grades of Lyceum No. 87, parents / legal representatives will need to provide a completed application and the following documents:
- Original and copy of the parent's / legal representative's passport
- Original and copy of birth certificate
- Certificate of registration at the place of residence / stay.
To enter the tenth grades of the Lyceum, you will also need to provide personal documents of one of the parents / legal representatives and the child. A future student of grades 10-11 will have to pass tests in several subjects before enrollment:
- General Testing in Mathematics
- When entering the class of a technological profile (in-depth study of mathematics, physics, computer science), complex work in physics is carried out
- When entering the class of natural science profile - module 1 (in-depth study of mathematics, biology, chemistry), complex work is carried out in chemistry
- When entering the class of natural science profile - module 2 (in-depth study of mathematics, biology, physics), comprehensive work in physics is carried out
- When entering the class of socio-economic profile (in-depth study of mathematics, history, economics, law), comprehensive work on history is carried out.
Scholarships Lyceum №87 named after L.I. Novikova Nizhny Novgorod
Scholarships are awarded to students in grades 5-11 for success in the educational process, creativity and sports, at olympiads and competitions.
- Grade point average
- Victories in subject Olympiads at the municipal level and above
- Active participation in the life of the class and lyceum
- Compliance with the norms of behavior in the lyceum and beyond
- Compliance with the requirements of the Charter and the Rules of Conduct for students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Lyceum №87 named after L.I. Novikova Nizhny Novgorod
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.