Description of Lyceum №1550
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Students age: from 2 months to 18 years
- Adapted programs
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time
- Stages of education: preschool, primary, basic, secondary.
The school was opened in 1990 at the MADI higher educational institution, in 1995 it received the title of lyceum. The history of the school is rich in cooperation with many universities in the capital, successful results of the final certification of graduates, victories in competitions and scientific events. In the rankings of the best schools in Moscow and Russia, Lyceum No. 1550 has confidently held its ground for several years in a row, keeping in the first two hundred.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Lyceum №1550
Accommodation, meals, prices
The lyceum organizes several types of meals:
- Preferential: free breakfasts for primary school students; food subscriptions for preferential categories;
- Paid: subscriptions according to a completed application on the mos.ru portal; single portions.
Activities Lyceum №1550
The mugs and sections are presented in several directions.
- Solving mathematical problems of increased complexity
- Subject area of informatics
- Layout, modeling, design
- Engineering graphics, technical design
- Computer and information technology, programming, robotics.
Physical culture and sports:
- Ball games: football, volleyball, basketball, etc.
- Martial arts: aikido
- Dance sport
- Study of basic subjects (mathematics, geography, biology, chemistry, etc.)
- General biology, ecology
- Design and research activities.
Social and humanitarian:
- Learning Russian, Chinese, French, German, English
- Intellectual, artistic and aesthetic development, socialization and communication
- Play activity
- Speech therapy classes
- Russian history
- Fundamentals of Law, Culturology, Social Science
- Preparatory lessons for preschoolers.
- Dances: ballroom, modern, etc.
- Playing guitar
- Vocal ensemble
- Fundamentals of Musical and Theater Creativity
- Painting and graphics.
- Volunteer squad "School volunteers 1550"
- Excursions and themed events, including virtual ones
- Student self-government
- Career guidance based on the project "Vocational education without borders"
- Student design laboratory
- Subject Olympiads, educational competitions, scientific conferences
- Sports competitions, delivery of TRP norms
- Creative projects of city, district and school levels.
The Lyceum has a cooperation agreement with several universities and colleges in Moscow:
- MSTU named after N.E. Bauman
- RNIMU named after Pirogov
- NRU MAI
- College number 8 named after Pavlova
- NUST MISIS.
- Lyceum - the winner of the project "School of New Technologies", the base site of MIRO, an innovative site for engineering and technological projects
- Cooperation with universities
- Additional education, extracurricular activities
- Profile classes, career guidance
- Educational projects.
Facilities and equipment at Lyceum №1550
The Lyceum has five buildings. For students of the school, the buildings are prepared:
- Study rooms
- Classrooms for primary classes
- Practical laboratories of natural science subjects
- Sports, gyms
- Swimming pool
- Libraries with reading rooms
- Computer classrooms
- Additional education rooms
- Sports stadiums on school grounds
- Assembly halls for events.
For preschool children, the kindergarten buildings are equipped with:
- Premises for groups of different ages: sleeping places, bathrooms, playrooms
- Physical culture and music halls
- Walking grounds in the territories
- Specialists' offices - speech therapist, psychologist, etc.
All buildings are equipped with technical devices for teaching children with disabilities. Each building has dining and pantry areas, medical and treatment rooms.
Admission dates and extra charges
Students in grades 1-9 are taught in quarters:
- September 1-October 30
- November 2-December 29
- January 11-March 19
- March 29 - May 26.
High school students study for six months:
- September 1-December 29
- January 11 - May 26.
At the end of each quarter and half of the year, an intermediate certification is conducted.
Vacation dates for all students:
- October 5-18
- December 30-January 10
- February 20-28 - for first graders
- March 20-28
- May 27 - August 31.
Studying is organized on a five-day basis - from Monday to Friday, excursions and events are held on Saturdays. Daily lessons start at 8:00. The preschool department is opened from 7:00 to 19:00.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to any of the branches of Lyceum No. 1550 is done by submitting an application on the mos.ru portal. Enrollment in pre-profile and profile classes is carried out based on the results of passing test assignments.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Lyceum №1550
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.