Longacre Private School
Description of Longacre Private School
- Age: 2-11 years,
- Language of instruction: English.
At Longacre School, the main thing that children and parents remember is the atmosphere: cozy, comfortable, simultaneous and productive, and fun. Here they do everything possible to make children feel happy, valuable personalities, and are ready to realize themselves in any area that interests them. Children learn much more effectively when they are truly happy, so the lack of pressure and the friendliness of the teachers is the cornerstone of Longacre School's success. This is reflected in the motto of the school - "All paths are open to a happy heart."
Longacre School actively encourages parents to participate in school affairs. The PTA is an important participant in children's education: all parents receive regular information about school activities, report cards and academic reports, a weekly newsletter, and gather for formal/informal meetings with the principal and school staff.
- In all classes, the academic progress of students is regularly checked in order to monitor the level and quality of assimilation of educational material.
- Classes are small so that each student can receive maximum personal attention from the teacher.
- All children are assigned to one of four Houses: Agincourt, Hastings, Waterloo and Trafalgar. During the year, students receive points for achievements - not only academic, but also kindness, respect for others, courage, etc. The results are calculated weekly - the leading House determines the flag of the school for the next week, and the main competition with the assignment of the Winner's Cup is held annually.
- All students wear uniforms (chosen by Stevensons): the list of subjects depends on the age and class of the child.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Longacre Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school has entered into an agreement with the respected catering company CH&Co Independent, which has been successfully working with private schools and boarding schools for more than 20 years. Dishes are prepared from fresh products (seasonal if possible), fully comply with the principles of a balanced and healthy diet, and are clean in composition.
If the child has special dietary needs, the school is ready to meet them upon prior request. In each dish, the ingredients must be indicated and separately - possible allergens, so that parents can track the suitability of this dish for a particular child.
What, for example, is included in the menu of Longacre School?
- Tomato soup,
- Neapolitan pizza.
- Crumble apple pie,
- Mushroom and vegetable stew,
- Grain bread,
- Vegetables and fruits (including broccoli, cauliflower, baby carrots),
- Chicken with rice,
- Pasta and much, much more.
Activities Longacre Private School
The academic program is complemented by a diverse, rich, interesting extracurricular program: it can be circles and communities of interest (from cooking to judo), thematic master classes, excursions and walks, parties and holidays.
All students participate in developmental programs dedicated to art: it can be fine arts, theater and drama, music. The range of available activities gradually increases as the child grows up - everyone will be able to choose an activity to their liking!
- Cooking and baking,
- Drama and Theatre,
- Choir (different departments and ages – Junior and Senior),
- Music Theory,
- Playing in the school orchestra,
- Scientific circles,
- Scrabble (Scrabble),
- Embroidery and sewing,
- Table tennis
- Times Table Rock Stars
- Finger drawing and fine motor skills development.
- The school was shortlisted for the Muddy Stilettos Best Schools Awards 2022 for outstanding pastoral services (childcare and care),
- Holistic education: the academic path is accompanied by harmonious personal, creative, psycho-emotional development,
- The curriculum includes all basic areas: languages, humanities, exact and natural sciences,
- Many classes are held outdoors,
- Actively develops critical thinking, leadership, teamwork, creative problem-solving skills
Facilities and equipment at Longacre Private School
On its campus, Longacre School has prepared everything you need for comfortable study, extracurricular activities and recreation:
- Multi-sport hall Palmer Hall (area of more than 360 sq. m.) with a capacity of up to 250 people. Clubs and communities gather here, there is lighting and audiovisual equipment, there are trainings in judo, badminton, table tennis and other sports.
- Spacious bright dining room with beautiful views of the surroundings, glass roof of the atrium,
- Studio space Creative Arts Studio, where you can engage in both creativity and sports (there is a mirror wall, so yoga and Zumba workouts are held),
- An art studio with huge floor-to-ceiling windows,
- Playgrounds for classes in the open forest: forest glades, nature trail, rope structures and obstacle courses (designed for 30 people),
- Two large sports fields (grass) and an Astro Turf field: for hockey, tennis, football, etc.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into 3 trimester stages: Michaelmas, Lent and Summer.
The cost of the programs does not include and is paid separately:
- Registration fee (non-refundable),
- Deposit (when applying),
- Bus transfer (if desired),
- Additional supportive lessons in mathematics or English,
- One-to-one music lessons,
- Pocket expenses,
- Early Morning Club – 7:30 a.m. to 8:20 p.m. on weekdays,
- Childcare after the end of classes (extension) - from 16 to 18 hours on weekdays,
- Some extracurricular activities and entertainment,
- Visa fees and expenses,
- Pocket money.
The school always invites all families of applicants to Open Days or with a private personal visit: so you can see with your own eyes the conditions in which the child is studying, how bright and spacious the classes are, who works with students, what equipment is available.
The school is non-selective - all children who are ready to contribute to the prosperity of Longacre, grow and develop together with the rest are accepted here. Basically, children enter at 2-4, 4+ or 7 years old, subject to availability in the desired class.
First, you need to register an application (you can do it online), then go through an assessment day - study at school like a real schoolboy in order to try yourself in Longacre, get a reference from teachers and members of the support group. The child's academic performance is assessed (if there is early data), a characteristic and a report of previous places of study are requested. The invitation comes to the parents along with a receipt for payment of the non-refundable registration fee.
After graduating from Longacre School, students successfully enter even the most selective, rating and prestigious schools with the strictest selection, demonstrating an excellent level of education. Among the schools that Longacre graduates have chosen in previous years are:
- Broadwater School,
- Christ’s Hospital,
- Churcher’s College,
- Cranleigh Prep School,
- Duke of Kent School,
- Epsom College,
- Frensham Heights,
- George Abbot School,
- Glebelands School,
- Guildford County School,
- Guildford High School,
- JFK International School (Switzerland),
- King Edward’s Witley,
- Kingswood House,
- Lord Wandsworth College,
- Manor House School,
- Moon Hall College,
- More House School,
- Prior’s Field School,
- Reigate Grammar School,
- Royal Grammar School Guildford,
- Salesian College,
- Seaford College,
- St Catherine’s School Bramley,
- St Edmund’s School,
- St John’s, Leatherhead,
- St Peter’s Catholic School,
- St Teresa’s School Effingham,
- The King’s School Macclesfield,
- The Royal School,
- Winchester College,
- Worth School,
- Wrekin College Wellington.
Scholarships Longacre Private School
The school offers scholarships to gifted, capable, and outstanding students. For many scholarships, evaluation is carried out in May, taking into account academic, sports, musical and dramatic achievements.
Fairfax Scholarships are awarded, founded in honor of the founder of the school, there are scholarships from regional heads and governors (a check of the family's financial need is required) - up to 100% of the cost of tuition. A separate application is filled out for each scholarship. Scholarships are reviewed annually.
The school also offers a discount for siblings of students who are already studying at Longacre (if the children are studying at the same time; applies to the 3rd and 4th child from the same family).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Longacre Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.