Law Institute of Samara National Research University named after Academician S.P. Korolev, UNISNIU
Description of Law Institute of Samara National Research University named after Academician S.P. Korolev, UNISNIU
- Location: Samara, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Law Institute at Samara University named after S.P. Korolev was transformed in 2020 from the Faculty of Law. As a faculty, it has passed state certification and professional public accreditation and is currently considered one of the leading law schools in Russia.
The main educational program of the Institute involves the study of over 40 disciplines in full-time, part-time and correspondence form, which allows graduates to become in demand by highly qualified specialists.
Faculties and colleges
The Institute has the following departments:
- state and administrative law;
- civil and business law;
- civil procedural and business law;
- the theory and history of state and law and international law;
- criminal law and criminology;
- criminal procedure and forensics.
The Institute conducts active research activities. Even when the institute was only a faculty, a large group of scientists worked here, among whom were professors, members of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences and Honored Scientists of the Russian Federation. Scientific conferences of international, all-Russian, regional levels, scientific and practical seminars and round tables with the participation of leading specialists of procedural science of the country and professors of leading universities of the country are regularly held here.
The scientific activity of the Institute is based on the following areas:
- regularities of development of the state, law, management;
- constitutional problems of harmonization and effectiveness of public power in the Russian legal field, budget federalism, legal foundations of the organization of local self-government;
- problems of the theory of civil, family, housing and labor relations, including systematics of rights in the private legal sphere;
- legal regulation of entrepreneurial activity in the Russian Federation, judicial protection of rights;
- problems of criminal law regulation of social relations, legal protection of the economy;
- legal forms and effectiveness of evidence in criminal cases.
The results of the Institute's scientific research are used in the modern legislative process of the Russian Federation and law enforcement practice.
The Institute actively cooperated with the Central European University of Budapest (Hungary) on science issues. The Student Scientific Society of the Institute also cooperates with the European Association of Law Students.
In addition, the Institute publishes the scientific journal "Legal Bulletin of Samara University", included in the List of the Higher Attestation Commission, and now the publication of the "Legal Analytical Journal" has been resumed with inclusion in the RSCI.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Law Institute of Samara National Research University named after Academician S.P. Korolev, UNISNIU
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Law Institute is assigned a hostel with the availability of food in it. There are also buffets in the main academic building.
Activities Law Institute of Samara National Research University named after Academician S.P. Korolev, UNISNIU
The Law Institute educates students in a new well-equipped building located in the city center near the most important highways.
Throughout its activity, the Law Institute occupies a leading position in Samara University in terms of sports achievements. The football team of the Institute is the champion of Samara University in mini-football and a regular participant in the RFL competitions.
The Institute employs trade union organizations of teachers and students engaged in social protection, recreational activities and the provision of material assistance to employees and students.
One of the most important areas of the institute is career guidance work. Every year, Open Days, Olympiads in social studies and law are held here. Teachers of the Institute take part in the jury of regional and city Olympiads, participate in the process of education the most capable schoolchildren of the Samara Region. In addition, the Institute provides methodological assistance to gymnasiums and lyceums of the city and the region.
The Law Institute has a structural unit - the Legal Clinic, where students under the supervision of teachers provide free legal assistance to socially unprotected categories of citizens. Senior students give free consultations on civil, housing, labor, family, administrative and other branches of law. The Clinic is also engaged in legal education of schoolchildren and students of secondary specialized educational institutions.
Facilities and equipment at Law Institute of Samara National Research University named after Academician S.P. Korolev, UNISNIU
- Educational building;
- Computer classes;
- Forensic laboratory;
- Sports and recreation complex with a swimming pool;
- Sports grounds;
- Canteen and buffets;
- First-aid post;
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the institute begins on September 1.
Paid educational services:
- Preparatory courses for schoolchildren and college graduates;
- Advanced programs;
- Professional programs.
List of documents to be submitted upon admission:
- identity and citizenship document;
- document on education;
- a document confirming registration in the individual accounting system (if any);
- a document on disability or disability (if any);
- a document granting a special right to admission;
- document on individual achievements.
Timing of the admission campaign:
- the beginning of the reception of documents — June 19;
- completion of the reception of documents from applicants with the passage of additional entrance tests of creative and professional orientation and from applicants with the passage of internal entrance tests - July 14;
- completion of the reception of documents from applicants without passing internal entrance tests and from applicants without entrance tests - July 25;
- the completion of internal entrance tests is July 25.
According to the statistics of the university, the output of legal specialists is 543 people.
More than 50 candidates of legal sciences, who are its graduates, work at the departments of the institute. Young teachers have already been awarded the title of associate professor, have grants and other achievements in scientific and teaching activities.
Students of the Law Institute successfully participate in competitions for the right to continue their studies abroad, actively improve their qualifications in foreign universities with the receipt of appropriate diplomas and certificates.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The programs are designed for applicants with secondary general, secondary vocational or higher education.
Admission to the institute is carried out on the basis of the results of the Unified State Exam or on the basis of the results of internal entrance tests.
Minimum number of points for entrance tests:
- Social Studies, 45;
- Russian language — 40;
- History, 35;
- ICT — 44.
Scholarships Law Institute of Samara National Research University named after Academician S.P. Korolev, UNISNIU
- State academic scholarships;
- Scholarships of the President and the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Nominal federal scholarships;
- Regional scholarship programmes;
- Scholarship programs of foundations and partners;
- Grants and awards.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Law Institute of Samara National Research University named after Academician S.P. Korolev, UNISNIU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.