Description of Kwangwoon University
- Established: 1934
- Type: Private Nonprofit Higher Education Institution
- Location: Seoul, South Korea.
Kwangwoon University (KW) was founded in 1934 and is a private non-profit higher education institution in South Korea. Over the past 85 years, KW has led South Korean wireless communications and the electronics industry. Graduates and teachers of the educational institution excelled in both the natural sciences and the humanities.
The university is part of the following associations: Korean Council for University Education (KCUE), University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific (UMAP) and International Students Exchange Programs (ISEP).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kwangwoon University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides students with a dormitory on campus.
- Institution enter 5% of the best universities in the world
- KW offers international exchange and scholarship programs to its students.
Facilities and equipment at Kwangwoon University
The university is located in the capital of South Korea - Seoul. The material and technical base of the educational institution includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
- Registration fee = 50,000 ₩ -60,000 ₩
- Entrance fee = 495,000 ₩ -983,000 ₩
- Cost of living in Seoul = $ 1001 -1558 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter KW you must:
- Personal statement
- Curriculum (1-2 pages)
- Certificate of education + notarized copy
- Notarized and Korean / English transcript
- TOEFL 500 / CBT 179 / iBT 61 / IELTS 5.0 / CEFR B1 / TEPS 483 / TOPIK 3
- Information Submission Form
- Copy of the passport
- Photography (3 pcs.)
- Certificate of family registration issued by state institutions and the identity card of each family member
- Financial certificate (certificate of a financial guarantor of a bank deposit in excess of $ 20,00).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kwangwoon University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.