Kurgan State University, KSU
Description of Kurgan State University, KSU
- Location: Kurgan, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Kurgan State University is one of the leading universities in the country. Future specialists of various sectors of the economy are educated here. KSU educates highly qualified personnel in the field of IT-technologies.
Faculties and colleges
KSU consists of the following institutes:
- natural sciences;
- mathematics and intelligent systems;
- economics and law;
- pedagogy, psychology and physical education.
KSU takes part in the National Project "Science and Universities".
On the basis of KSU, the Engineering Center has been opened and is actively functioning: the main task of this unit is to increase the efficiency of KSU's scientific activities and commercialize research and development.
Things to know about
In 2020, KSU concluded a Cooperation Agreement with lawrence University (USA).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kurgan State University, KSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
Nonresident students are provided with a hostel. In total, KSU has 4 residential buildings at its disposal, the total number of places is 1244. Kitchens for common use are equipped, in the educational buildings there are 4 canteens and buffets.
The cost of living in the hostel of KSU starts from 4156 rubles per month, the amount depends on the type of hostel and the number of people in the room.
Activities Kurgan State University, KSU
Student life at KSU is full of cultural events, students take an active part in sports competitions, talent contests and concerts. Are:
- Initiation into freshmen;
- Golden Olive Contest;
- Festival of creativity "Merry DJF".
Student associations operate:
- Patriot Student Club;
- Corps of the volunteer movement of KSU;
- Sports club "Zeus";
- Student Corps of Rescuers of KSU.
Facilities and equipment at Kurgan State University, KSU
KSU is located in 19 buildings, it is easy to get to each educational building by public transport. Each building is equipped with fire safety systems, video surveillance, access system, ramps.
Classrooms are equipped with the necessary furniture, computers and multimedia systems, 4 libraries with reading rooms are available to students.
- 3 sports halls;
- 2 sports complexes;
- 2 ski bases.
Admission dates and extra charges
The date of the beginning of the academic year in KCTA is September 1, the academic year ends according to the schedule of the educational process. One course consists of two semesters and two intermediate examination sessions.
Holidays during one academic year are 7-10 weeks in duration, excluding holidays.
Acceptance of documents for full-time education at KSU begins on June 19 of this year. The final date of receipt of documents is divided into two dates:
- Until July 20 - the deadline for submitting documents for applicants after college, foreign citizens and persons with disabilities, including for persons entering with the passage of additional entrance tests;
- Until July 25 is the deadline for submitting documents for applicants based on the results of the Unified State Exam.
You can submit documents in three ways: in person to the admission committee, by mail or electronically (for example, through the portal "Public Services" or the personal account of the applicant on the university's website).
Package of documents:
- identity document, citizenship (passport);
- a document of the established sample on education or on education and qualifications (certificate or diploma);
- a document confirming registration in the system of individual (personified) accounting (SNILS, if any);
- other documents at the discretion of the applicant (confirming special rights, individual achievements, etc.);
- medical certificate.
Today, about 7,000 students study at KSU. More than 30% of students study at the expense of the budget. The largest in terms of the number of students areas of education:
- "Psychological and pedagogical education";
- "Ecology and Nature Management".
About 80% of KSU graduates get a job in the first year after graduation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission to KSU, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Kurgan State University, KSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.