Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IBR RAS)
Description of Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IBR RAS)
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Age of students: 23+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The year of foundation of the Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences is considered to be 1917, when N.K. Koltsov created the Institute of Experimental Biology, the legal successor of which he is.
The modern structure of the university was approved under the leadership of academician B.L. Astaurov in 1967, and in 1976 the university was named after Nikolai Konstantinovich Koltsov.
Postgraduate students during postgraduate studies are obliged to fully implement individual plans, which are approved by the Director of the IDB RAS. A graduate student who does not fulfill an individual plan within the established deadlines is expelled.
Faculties and colleges
Specialized education of postgraduate students is carried out on the basis of 10 structural research units and a scientific group - these are laboratories:
- biochemistry of ontogenesis processes;
- molecular genetic processes of development;
- evolution of the genome and mechanisms of speciation;
- evolutionary genetics of development;
- evolution of morphogenesis;
- neurobiology of development;
- nervous and neuroendocrine regulations.
- cell biology;
- cellular and molecular bases of histogenesis;
- comparative physiology of development;
- cellular and genetic basis of plant development.
Every year, employees of IDB RAS submit projects for participation in the competition for grants from the Russian Science Foundation in the priority area of the Foundation's activities "Conducting fundamental scientific research and exploratory scientific research by small individual scientific groups".
Since 2019, IDB RAS within the framework of the Federal Scientific and Technical Program for the Development of Genetic Technologies 2019-2027 has been working on the project "Using Genetic Technologies for the Search for Biomarkers, Modeling and Therapy of Human Diseases". The Research Institute of Cytology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Volga Research Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia, AKRUS BIOMED LLC, BIOHART LLC and Pokrovsky Bank LLC participate in the research . Stem Cells".
Things to know about
- Since September 1, 2015, the Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences is headed by Doctor of Biological Sciences, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences Vasilyev A.V.
- In 2021-2022, 40 scientific and pedagogical workers and 6 consultants of the teaching staff conduct the education of postgraduate students of the IDB RAS in four main specialties (profiles).
- In September 2019, 48 teachers of the Institute underwent advanced education under the program "Modern competencies in working with the use of electronic technologies in educational and scientific activities.
- Heads of postgraduate studies and methodologists of the IDB RAS annually undergo advanced education in the programs of additional professional education.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IBR RAS)
Accommodation, meals, prices
During the education of postgraduate students of the Institute, they are provided with the opportunity to visit the canteen, with which the IDB RAS has a valid contract, to receive planned and current medical services. Nonresident postgraduate students are provided with accommodation in the hotel rooms of the "House of Postgraduates" of the Federal State Unitary Enterprise Housing and Communal Services of the Russian Academy of Sciences at a reduced cost .
Facilities and equipment at Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IBR RAS)
The Institute has a developed infrastructure and a number of institute-wide units, the material base of which is actively used in the research education of graduate students.
Postgraduate students are provided with access to library and information resources and electronic information and educational environment. The Library of the IDB RAS is part of the structure of the Library for Natural Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Admission dates and extra charges
Certification of postgraduate students is carried out 2 times a year in the scientific department and at a meeting of the Academic Council of the Institute.
In addition to tuition fees, additional expenses may include: accommodation costs (for non-residents), travel and meals, leisure and other expenses.
The applicant submits an application to the IDB RAS with the attachment of the following documents:
- diploma of the established sample of higher professional education with an appendix (original and copy);
- passport (original and copy);
- personal sheet on personnel accounting (questionnaire);
- 3 photos (format 3x4 cm);
- certificate of passing the candidate's examinations (form No. 6, if any);
- list of published scientific works and inventions;
- a copy of the labor book, certified at the place of work (if any);
- military ID (registration certificate);
- declaration of consent to the processing of personal data.
An identity document and a diploma are presented in person.
The decision on the admission of an applicant to the IDB RAS for entrance tests is made on the basis of the results of an interview with the prospective supervisor.
As a rule, the reception of documents begins in August and lasts until the end of September.
At IDB RAS, 15 postgraduate students are educated by ten supervisors.
The bases for conducting pedagogical practice are, according to the current agreements on cooperation in the field of scientific and educational activities: Moscow State Pedagogical University, RUDN University, the Department of Embryology and Cell Biology and Histology of the Faculty of Biology of Lomonosov Moscow State University. Of the six graduates of the 2020 graduate school, four are employed in three laboratories of the institute.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Availability of a diploma of the second stage of higher education (specialist's or master's degree);
- Successful completion of competitive entrance tests.
Scholarships Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IBR RAS)
Postgraduate students who, based on the results of the intermediate certification, have grades not lower than "good" and have no academic debts, are assigned a state scholarship.
Personal scholarships established by state authorities, local self-government bodies, legal entities are paid to graduate students from the targeted funds received on the account of the IDB RAS.
Postgraduate students who won prizes at the Conferences of Young Scientists of the IDB RAS are paid one-time bonuses from the fund created for this purpose from extrabudgetary funds of the IDB RAS.
Postgraduate students are paid annual bonuses in terms of the effectiveness of scientific activities, material support is provided for the publication of publications.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IBR RAS)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.