INTO Queen's University Belfast was founded in 1845. Today, this British university is one of the leaders of the Russell Group. The university is known as an advanced research center. It is characterized by high standards of teaching. Within the precincts of this educational institution, highly skilled specialists are trained in various fields of activity. Graduates of the university start working on the profile without prior internships, since they possess the necessary knowledge and skills.
The University offers motivating programs in several areas. The most popular specialties in the field of social, humanities and art. Special attention of entrants is attracted to the recently opened department of cinematography and drama.
Students of each direction are fully provided with educational materials and teaching aids. Future engineers and specialists in the field of physical sciences work in advanced laboratories with modern technology. Students of the Faculties of Health and Medicine in research use the latest equipment. Also in the program of their training there are specialized integrated innovative courses.
The university is proud of its graduates. Frank Pantridge, politician Nelson Mandela (ex-President of South Africa), Bill Clinton (former US President), Mary McAlyz (President of Ireland), got a brilliant education within his walls. The university also became an alma mater for several Nobel Prize winners.
The University Educational Center offers 5 preparatory programs for university entrants. For most of them, admission requirements include age restrictions (17+) and the availability of an IELTS certificate from 4.0-5.0. Students are accepted for language courses from the age of 16. Language requirements are limited to IELTS 3.0.
One-year preparatory courses are designed for those wishing to study at a bachelor's degree. They include language, academic modules. The preparatory program works in two directions: science and engineering, social sciences, humanities and business.
In the week of training students give from 20 hours. Course duration is 3 - 5 trimesters. Classes begin in January, September, June and April. The result of successful completion of training is enrollment in the undergraduate program at Queen's University Belfast.
The cost of the program:
This special course allows you to reduce the time of study at the bachelor's degree . The preparatory program is the equivalent of the first year of study at the university. It involves studying English in intensive mode, academic disciplines according to the direction chosen by the student. Diploma is offered to those wishing to receive a specialty in the field of finance and management or engineering. The engineering direction is recognized as the leading universities in Britain. Graduates of Diploma can be enrolled in the 2 nd year of a bachelor's degree in a priority university.
The enrollment for the course is subject to the following requirements: a complete secondary education equivalent to the international A- level program (or the availability of a Foundation certificate ), a high level of English proficiency (at least IELTS 4.5). Students will have to study 3 - 5 semesters with a constant academic load 24 hours a week.
The cost of the program:
The one-year preparatory program is aimed at graduates of the bachelor's degree . There are 2 training courses available: management and finance. In preparation for entering the Master's program, students improve English, study core disciplines, develop academic skills necessary for studying at a university, in particular skills in design and research. Graduates of the Diploma pre - masters are conditional place in the magistracy Queen 's University Belfast. The training lasts 3-4 trimester. The load is at least 20 h / wk .
The cost of the program:
The language program is available to applicants for undergraduate , graduate, as well as all preparatory programs of INTO . The special course ensures the actualization of the language knowledge, the development of skills necessary for mastering the material and free communication in the academic environment. Students get experience in research, teamwork, learn to interact, constructively resolve conflicts. The program is also aimed at developing critical thinking. Includes a course and master classes on time management. Successful completion of the training ensures that students are enrolled in a priority program.
The course is designed for 1 - 3 trimester. Classes begin in September, January, June, April. The standard load is 21 hours per week. It can be increased by additional lessons.
Cost of the programs:
1. Study Abroad with English (English + academic modules, 17+), 1-3 terms - £ 4,175- £ 5,950 per term. Start dates, 2016: January 11 (3rd trimester), April 11 (2nd trimester), June 27 (1-2 terms).
2. English for University Study (language training for further education at the university) - £ 4,175- £ 4,300 per term. Start dates: January 11, 2016 - March 18, 2016, April 11, 2016 - June 17, 2016, June 27, 2016 - September 2, 2016, September 26, 2016 - December 9, 2016, January 9, 2017 - March 17, 2017, March 27, 2017 - June 16, 2017 , June 26, 2017 - September 1, 2017.
3. Pre-sessional English (short intensive pre-program English course, 17+). An intensive preparatory course is designed for applicants who have received a place on a master's or bachelor's degree . It is aimed at the actualization of linguistic knowledge, communicative practice. The program also provides for cultural orientation, adaptation to the academic environment. In the process of training, students have the opportunity to work in a team, to become acquainted with the specifics of research activities, the specifics of projects that are to be implemented in the university, the teaching methodology, the assessment system.
The course is designed for 6 - 10 weeks. The study is dedicated 24 hours a week.
The cost of the program: £ 1,340 (4 weeks), £ 2,010 (6 weeks), £ 3,350 (10 weeks).
Start dates: June 27, 2016 - September 2, 2016, July 25, 2016 - September 2, 2016, August 8, 2016 - September 2, 2016, June 26, 2017 - September 1, 2017, July 24, 2017 - September 1, 2017, August 7, 2017 - September 1, 2017 .
4. English for undergraduate and graduate studies (English for University Study) - £ 4,175- £ 4,300 per term. Start dates: January 11, 2016 - March 18, 2016, April 11, 2016 - June 17, 2016, June 27, 2016 - September 2, 2016, September 26, 2016 - December 9, 2016, January 9, 2017 - March 17, 2017, March 27, 2017 - June 16, 2017 , June 26, 2017 - September 1, 2017.
The INTO Education Center offers accommodation in comfort. The students live in Elms Student Village. The residence has single comfortable rooms. In each there are conveniences, necessary furniture.
Meals are not provided. For self-catering, there are common kitchens in the residence.
The cost of living depends on the chosen course, season and duration of stay:
The University of Belfast, one of the best in Northern Ireland, Britain and the world, many students choose for several reasons. The first is the prestige and quality of education. The status of the city also plays an important role. Belfast is known as a fashionable regional center. He is also included in the TOP of the most hospitable cities in Britain and Europe. Has Belfast and the status of one of the best tourist settlements. There is everything for comfortable living, interesting and boring rest.
The University of Belfast is conveniently located. From the campus about 15 minutes walk to the historic, administrative and fashion center of the city. This allows students in their free time to visit local galleries, museums, exhibitions, and shop.
Belfast is also a city with a high standard of living and a low cost of living, food, entertainment. In addition, special programs (scholarships, incentives, etc.) help to save students of a local university.
The educational center for the preparation of foreign students for admission to university and undergraduate and graduate studies is located in the center of the Queen's University Belfast campus. Its students have access to all facilities of the university infrastructure. The center has everything necessary for quality education and comfortable living. Its infrastructure is represented by a multifunctional lecture hall, 20 equipped with interactive technology, auditoriums, computer stations, resource center. The library fund is available to students in electronic form. The access to the network is via Wi-Fi available throughout the center. Also for students working profile support service.
The school year is divided into terms. Students can relax during the holidays, weekends and holidays.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.