International School of Herzen University
Description of International School of Herzen University
- Year of foundation: 1993.
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Age of students: from 7 to 18 years.
- Total number of students: 165.
- Type of institution: private day school.
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The International School of Herzen University offers educational programs of international standard. The educational environment of MSHGU was created with the goal of educating new ways of thinking for employees and students: members of the school community characterize flexibility of thinking, willingness to change with the environment, to think like a citizen of the world, trying to transform it for the better.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in International School of Herzen University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The gymnasium operates as a five-day full-time course from 9 to 17 hours. The building has a buffet.
Activities International School of Herzen University
The Center for Continuing Education is recruiting for the following areas:
- preparation for the OGE and USE;
- It is an authorized participating school implementing a program of basic high school of International Baccalaureate (MYP).
- Candidate School Diploma Program (DP).
- Education of the European level and the possibility of further education in the best colleges and universities in the world.
- Multicultural educational environment contributes to the development of social activity and communication culture.
- The learning environment is aimed at nurturing the flexibility and creativity of thinking, the ability to quickly adapt to various events and circumstances.
Facilities and equipment at International School of Herzen University
The school is fully equipped with security systems, modern computer equipment; the library has 3000 copies of educational and other literature; there is a gym, buffet, dedicated high-speed Internet line.
Admission dates and extra charges
The cost of entrance testing for students entering first grade is 10,000 rubles.
The cost of entrance testing for admission to all classes except the first - 6000 rubles.
In the presence of vacancies, admission to school is carried out year-round.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to primary school is based on an interview with a teacher, speech therapist and a psychologist.
In the MShGU (primary school, grades 5–9), the “IB MYP” program is implemented, with
combined teaching in Russian and English. Admission to the program is carried out if the student speaks Russian (at level B1 and above) and English (the table of levels required for admission is given below).
Class / Year MYP
Required level of English proficiency at the beginning of the year (certificate confirmed)
5/1 Year MYP
A2 (YLE: Flyers)
6/2 Year MYP
A2 + (KET)
7/3 Year MYP
8/4 Year MYP
B1 + (PET)
9/5 Year MYP
Scholarships International School of Herzen University
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about International School of Herzen University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.