Institute of Theatrical Art named after the People's Artist of the USSR I.D. Kobzon, ITI
Description of Institute of Theatrical Art named after the People's Artist of the USSR I.D. Kobzon, ITI
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Institute of Theatrical Art named after I.D. Kobzon is one of the young higher educational institutions. The Institute educates specialists in dramaturgy and choreographic art. The teaching staff of ITI in the education of personnel applies innovative approaches and methods in education.
Faculties and colleges
The Institute of Theatre Arts has five departments and one faculty:
- Faculty of Performing Arts;
- Department of Humanities;
- Department of Stage Speech;
- Department of Vocal Art;
- Department of Choreography and Plastic Disciplines;
- Department of Dramatic Art.
Things to know about
From 2015 to 2018, the People's Artist of the USSR I. D. Kobzon was the president and artistic director of the Institute, headed the Academic Council and the Board of Trustees of the INSTITUTE.
In 2017, ITI was the founder of the annual international Moscow festival of theater schools of the BRICS countries.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Institute of Theatrical Art named after the People's Artist of the USSR I.D. Kobzon, ITI
Accommodation, meals, prices
Meals for students are organized in the canteen for 36 seats, which is located in the building of the ITI.
Activities Institute of Theatrical Art named after the People's Artist of the USSR I.D. Kobzon, ITI
Student life at ITI is filled with creativity. Every year, on the basis of the Institute of Theatrical Arts, such competitions and festivals are held as:
- "Purple cabbage";
- "Meet your first year!"
- International Festival of Theatre Schools of BRICS Countries.
In addition, on a regular basis, various performances with the participation of students are staged on the stage of the Moscow Art Comedy Theater, and anyone can attend these events.
Facilities and equipment at Institute of Theatrical Art named after the People's Artist of the USSR I.D. Kobzon, ITI
The building of the I.D. Kobzon Institute is located about a 15-minute walk from the Telecenter metro station.
Classrooms are equipped with the necessary furniture for lectures and practical classes. In the building of THE INSTITUTE there are: a choreographic hall, a computer class and a stage, a library, a gym and sports halls, a dining room and a medical center.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the Institute is usually divided into two parts: autumn and spring semesters. The duration of the academic semester is 4-5 months. At the end of the academic semester, an examination session is held.
- winter (several weeks, taking into account the New Year holidays);
- summer (2 months, July-August).
If you want to enter the ITI, applicants first of all need to pass the selection tests, which are conducted in the form of an interview and an exam. This selection is carried out on a regular basis on a monthly basis, by appointment. After the interview and the creative exam, the applicant is given a specific task or recommendations to prepare for the further examination stage.
After successfully passing all stages of the exams, the applicant submits an application for admission.
Every year more than 300 students study at the People's Artist of the USSR I.D. Kobzon Institute. The most popular specialty is "Acting".
More than 60% of graduates of the Institute of Theatrical Arts are employed in their specialty, graduates become theater and film actors, teachers in schools of creativity.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the Institute of Theatrical Art named after I.D. Kobzon, applicants must pass a number of entrance exams:
- Unified State Exam or entrance tests (in test form in Russian language);
- Creative exam (showing the number in any direction: classical choreography, folk choreography, modern choreography);
- Classic exercise (finger technique not included).
In addition, on the day of the creative exam, the applicant will need to pass an interview.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Institute of Theatrical Art named after the People's Artist of the USSR I.D. Kobzon, ITI
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.