The language school Home Language International was founded in 1979. For over 40 years, she has been offering language programs for family living in 20 languages in more than 30 countries.
Students live and study in the house of their teacher, attend individual language lessons, dine with their families, continue to use the language outside the classroom, visiting excursions, sharing the daily life of the family.
Classic Language Program - the original, most popular program of the school, it completely immerses students in the study of Hungarian language and culture. The school provides full board accommodation, individual language lessons, free time outside of classes and lunch, allowing you to independently explore the daily life of the host family.
The course includes:
Language Program with Activities offers a unique opportunity to immediately use your language skills after class. Activities include visiting local attractions, national parks, shopping, cooking traditional dishes, afternoon tea, bowling, minigolf, swimming, board games. The specific content depends on the location of the family, local events, personal interests of students.
The course includes:
Language Program with Cultural Excursions combines a language course, travel, sightseeing, studying the customs of Hungary. The cultural program usually includes 3 visits with a teacher or any adult family member. The choice of places to visit will depend on the location of the family, the personal preferences of the students. All excursions are conducted in Hungarian, so participants continue to learn the language constantly.
This program includes:
HLI offers students:
Home Language International offers excursions:
Homestay lasts from 1 to 2-3 weeks, may include from 10 to 25 hours of individual lessons. Some teachers work year-round, others only during school holidays.
HLI teaches students of all levels, invites students of all ages.
The school regularly offers students various discounts on courses.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.