Humanitarian Institute of Television and Radio Broadcasting (GITR)
Description of Humanitarian Institute of Television and Radio Broadcasting (GITR)
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Age of students: 18+
- Type of education: mixed
- Language of instruction: Russian, English
The Humanitarian Institute of Television and Radio Broadcasting (GITR) was founded in 1994 with the support of the USSR State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (today the Ostankino State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company). For 26 years of work, the institute has graduated more than 6,000 media workers. On the basis of the university, journalists, cameramen, directors, sound engineers, producers and artists are educated.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Humanitarian Institute of Television and Radio Broadcasting (GITR)
Accommodation, meals, prices
GITR provides nonresident students with the opportunity to live in a dormitory located at the address: Moscow (metro station "Maryina Roshcha"), Oktyabrskaya Street, 105/2.
The type of dormitory is block. In the block there are 3 rooms with a capacity of 2-3 people. Shared toilet, shower and kitchen. Number of places in the dormitory - 100 people.
Cost of living: 10 000-11 000 rubles per month.
Activities Humanitarian Institute of Television and Radio Broadcasting (GITR)
The Institute of Television and Radio Broadcasting offers its students a rich curriculum. Festivals and scientific conferences are held annually, where students can demonstrate their talent and created author's works. Excursions are held at TV studios and radio, students are introduced to the real process of creating information programs and feature films.
Every year, GITR students take part in the "Student Oscar" and "Student TEFI" awards.
- The Institute is a member of the National Association of Television and Radio Broadcasters, the Association of Educational Institutions of Culture and Art of Russia, the Association of Leading Film and Television Schools of the World CILECT.
- The teaching staff of the Institute includes laureates of the highest television award of the world (Emmy Award), laureates of the highest television and radio award of Russia (TEFI), members of the European Film Academy (EFA) and the International Academy of Television and Radio (IATR).
- Together with the State Institute of Art History, GITR annually holds a scientific conference on fundamental issues of digital media. Based on the results of the conference, the scientific journal "Science of Television" is published
- The institute is a partner of the American corporation Apple.
- The Institute is the only private university in Russia that has the right to nominate works among the number of candidates for the "Student Oscar" and "Student TEFI" awards.
Facilities and equipment at Humanitarian Institute of Television and Radio Broadcasting (GITR)
The structure of the Institute includes:
- Educational building: Moscow, Khoroshevskoye highway, 32A;
- Sports hall at the address: Moscow, Sharikopodshipnikovskaya str., 13, bld.24.
The main building of the university is located in the center of Moscow, a 5-minute walk from the metro station "Begovaya".
The university has modern technologies in the field of television and radio broadcasting. Three computer labs are equipped with 30 stand-alone stations to teach students the art of editing, 3D graphics and Internet access. There is a library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The educational process is carried out according to the semester system.
Expenses for accommodation, food, transport and other expenses range from 20,000 to 50,000 rubles.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When entering the GITR, the results of the Unified State Exam and entrance examinations are taken into account.
Minimum passing scores on the Unified State Exam:
- Russian language – 45 points;
- Literature – 45 points.
In addition, when entering the GITR, the applicant must pass an interview and a creative test, the results of which are also awarded points. The minimum passing score is 53.
Scholarships Humanitarian Institute of Television and Radio Broadcasting (GITR)
At the Institute of Television and Radio Broadcasting, scholarship support for students has been accepted since 2021. The amount of the state scholarship is 6,500-10,000 rubles.
Outstanding works of students are nominated in various nominations at the "Student Oscar" and "Student TEFI" awards.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Humanitarian Institute of Television and Radio Broadcasting (GITR)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.