Hochschule Furtwangen University of Applied Sciences
Description of Hochschule Furtwangen University of Applied Sciences
- Established: 1850
- Number of students: 7000
- Location: Fergwangen, Germany
- Language of instruction: German
- Type of institution: state university.
Furtwangen University was founded in 1850 as the city's first watch school. After World War II, the school was divided into a vocational school and an engineering school of mechanical engineering. In 1971, the school received the status of a higher educational institution and became known as the Furtwangen University of Applied Sciences.
Internships abroad can be considered a prerequisite for studying in Furtwangen. Students are encouraged to choose one of 140 partner universities and go there for temporary study or internships.
Notable alumni include athletes Benedict Doll and Georg Hettich, Frank Rimspenger, CEO of Accenture, and Axeli Harris, CEO of Mercedes Benz GmbH.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Hochschule Furtwangen University of Applied Sciences
- A unique educational opportunity not only in Germany but also abroad
- Double Degree Programs with Partner Universities
- High Positions in Educational Rankings
- Practical orientation of training
- Many years of experience in training qualified specialists
- Demand for graduates in the global labour market
- Student participation in city and provincial life
- Modern training programs
- Full student life.
Facilities and equipment at Hochschule Furtwangen University of Applied Sciences
For students and teachers work:
- A library of 150,000 e-books, 30,000 regular books and 25,000 periodicals from around the world
- German watch museum, among the exhibits of which are products created at the very beginning of the watch school - in the middle of the 19th century
- University Printing House
- Student Advisory Service
- Data processing center
- Dining room and cafeteria
- IFC Innovation Research Center
- Institute of Applied Research.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at Furtwangen University, an applicant must provide:
- Certificate in the original language and its certified translation
- Motivation letter
- Studiencolleg Adequate Certificate
- A certificate of German proficiency at a sufficient level.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Hochschule Furtwangen University of Applied Sciences
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.