Higher School of Folk Arts (Academy), VSNI
Description of Higher School of Folk Arts (Academy), VSNI
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Higher School of Folk Arts is the first state university in the field of decorative and applied arts and folk crafts. VSNI is the successor of the "School of Folk Art of her Great Empress Alexandra Feodorovna" and the "Moscow School of Artistic Crafts".
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the VSNI (Academy) includes:
- Faculty of Decorative and Applied Arts;
- Faculty of Traditional Artistic Crafts;
- Faculty of Additional Education;
- Research Institute of Traditional Artistic Crafts.
In addition, the Academy includes 8 branches in different cities of Russia.
VSNI (Academy) annually publishes a network periodical scientific publication "Traditional Applied Arts and Education": the journal publishes scientific articles touching upon the problems of the theory and methodology of professional education in the field of traditional applied art.
Things to know about
VSNI has a unique library with rare publications on applied art: bone carving, jewelry, lace weaving, etc.
In 2021, VSNI (Academy) concluded a cooperation agreement with the Creative Center (Kalofer, Republic of Bulgaria).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Higher School of Folk Arts (Academy), VSNI
Accommodation, meals, prices
The leadership of the Higher School of National Education has concluded an agreement on the provision of places for nonresident students of the Academy in the Federal State Budgetary Institution "Interuniversity Student Campus".
Meals for students and teachers are organized in the own canteen of the VSNI (Academy) for 46 seats.
The cost of living in the hostel of the Federal State Budgetary Institution "Interuniversity Campus" is 3500 rubles per month.
Activities Higher School of Folk Arts (Academy), VSNI
On the basis of the VSNI, the Student Council was created, the main task of which is to represent the interests of students and protect their rights. The Student Council of vsNI helps in organizing extracurricular activities for students: concerts, competitions, excursions, visits to theaters and museums.
Facilities and equipment at Higher School of Folk Arts (Academy), VSNI
The building of the VSHNI is located in the central district of St. Petersburg, a 5-minute walk from the Church of the Resurrection of Christ on Blood. You can get to the Academy by land transport or by metro, to the station "Nevsky Prospekt" or "Gostiny Dvor".
The building of the VSNI (Academy) is equipped with lecture halls and training workshops, a library, a dining room, a sports (gym) hall and a medical center.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the Higher School of Folk Arts (Academy) begins according to the regulations - on September 1. The end of the academic year occurs according to the schedule of the educational process.
One training course consists of two semesters, each of which lasts about 4-5 months and ends with an examination session.
Holidays during one academic year are at least 7 and not more than 10 weeks, excluding holidays.
The deadlines for submitting documents to the university are regulated by the Rules for admission of the HSENI (Academy). The beginning of the admission committee is June 20 of the current year, the end is July 20. The deadline for completion of the entrance creative tests is no later than July 25.
Applicants must pass entrance tests:
Based on the results of the Unified State Exam and entrance examinations, lists of applicants are formed (no later than August 20 of the current year).
To date, about 200 people are studying at vsNI, about 53 students are studying at the expense of the budget.
The most popular area of study at vsNI is "Decorative and Applied Arts and Folk Crafts".
About 90% of graduates find a job in the first year after graduating from HSE.
The teaching staff of VSNI and its branches include representatives of employers of future graduates. As part of the Academy, the Center for The Promotion of Employment of Graduates operates.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When entering the Higher School of Folk Arts, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of creative tests.
The minimum number of passing points according to the results of the Unified State Exam and creative tests:
- Russian language — 40;
- Literature: 40;
- History, 35;
- Figure — 41;
- Painting — 41.
Scholarships Higher School of Folk Arts (Academy), VSNI
In the VSNI (Academy), students are provided with a scholarship in accordance with the Regulation on Scholarship Support and Other Forms of Material Support for Students.
Scholarships are divided into:
- State academic;
- State social;
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Higher School of Folk Arts (Academy), VSNI
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.