Description of Gymnasium "Sterkh"
- Year of foundation: 1996
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
- Age: 7-17 years old
- Type of institution: private gymnasium
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Type of education: joint
- Form of study: full-time.
The non-state private gymnasium "Sterkh" celebrated its twentieth anniversary in 2016, successfully releasing from its walls almost half a thousand students. Teaching is conducted according to modern methods, which are supported by the development of complex material authoring. A solid list of former pupils of the gymnasium is graduates of domestic and foreign institutes and universities (Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, USA, Colombia), leading specialists, successful entrepreneurs. Much attention is paid to the psychological comfort of students.
The main principle is “teaching without torment”. Experts determine the system of perception and reproduction of information of each student: memory, thinking, attention, imagination; then a suitable technique is selected (for the word-based auditory, for the visual — for a diagram, drawing or text, for kinesthetic — for movement, drawing and emotion).
An innovation in school is the education of bilingual students (lessons are held in two languages). Young guests from other countries receive special attention, as well as Russian students who have studied abroad in other educational programs. A special algorithm has been developed for the adaptation of visiting students to the peculiarities of modern Russian education.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Gymnasium "Sterkh"
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school does not provide accommodation. Pupils of a gymnasium are engaged from 9 to 17 o'clock, the balanced food - own kitchen is organized. It is possible to leave the child for an extended day: homework is prepared directly in the gymnasium.
Activities Gymnasium "Sterkh"
Numerous developmental programs are organized for Sterkh students:
- vacation trips
- additional classes in ballroom dancing;
- competition of computer drawings and presentations;
- sport competitions.
In the gymnasium there is a theater in English, where performances of artistic literary works are prepared.
- Petersburg Educational Standard;
- Convenient location near the metro;
- Classes of up to 10 people, individual approach;
- Homework is prepared in school at will and in the form of self-education;
- Rich extra-curricular work and educational excursion program for the disclosure of creative potential;
- An opportunity simultaneously with the main program to get additional education in the field of music and fine arts at the Boris Tishchenko Music Education College;
- Opportunity to obtain a certificate from the International Oxford Education Network.
Facilities and equipment at Gymnasium "Sterkh"
- Computer room
- Computerized library room
- Media library and library with a collection of more than 2000 books,
- Full provision of educational materials and manuals
- Modern equipped audiences,
- Sports Hall,
- Own dining room
- Coolers for drinking water.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The gymnasium carries out a set of students throughout the year with the necessary documents, the composition of which should be learned from the administration by prior arrangement.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Gymnasium "Sterkh"
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.