Gymnasium №201 named after Heroes of the Soviet Union Zoya and Alexander Kosmodemyanskiy
Description of Gymnasium №201 named after Heroes of the Soviet Union Zoya and Alexander Kosmodemyanskiy
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Students age - from 1 to 18 years old;
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time, part-time;
- Subdivisions of education: preschool, primary, basic, secondary.
This institution was founded in 1918. The first school building is still in operation and is considered a cultural heritage site. The profile of education in the gymnasium is social and humanitarian, the school is basic and one of the leading successes in this direction in terms of rating.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Gymnasium №201 named after Heroes of the Soviet Union Zoya and Alexander Kosmodemyanskiy
Accommodation, meals, prices
Groups of preschoolers and class parallels in the school department visit the cafeteria according to a general schedule at individual times. Meals are provided in a paid and discounted form. Through the mos.ru portal, students can order a multi-course pass for a long time, track attendance at lessons and spending using the Moskvyonok card, which students use when paying and entering the school building.
Activities Gymnasium №201 named after Heroes of the Soviet Union Zoya and Alexander Kosmodemyanskiy
Circles of interest and sections are presented in different directions:
- Solving mathematical problems of increased complexity;
- Computer science;
- Ministry of Emergency Situations (fire and rescue business);
- Film and video equipment;
- Computer and information technology, programming, robotics.
- Physical culture and sports:
- Fitness aerobics;
- Dance sport;
- General physical training;
- Ball games: football, volleyball, basketball, etc.
- Natural science:
- Subject study of basic subjects (mathematics, geography, biology, chemistry, etc.);
- Natural and physical and mathematical modeling;
- Biochemistry and biophysics;
- Design and research activities.
- Social and humanitarian:
- Studying Russian, English, Japanese, German, French, Italian languages;
- Intellectual, artistic and aesthetic development;
- Play activity;
- Speech therapy classes;
- Fundamentals of Social Science, Law;
- Preparatory lessons for preschoolers.
- Tourist and local history:
- Local history;
- Dances: pop, ballroom, modern, etc.;
- Playing musical instruments: guitar, accordion, button accordion, etc.;
- Singing: vocal ensemble, academic choir;
- Fundamentals of musical and theatrical creativity, drama theater;
- Painting and graphics, modern forms of fine art.
- Extracurricular activities:
- Excursions and themed events;
- Several groups of volunteer activities: Echo, Young Ecologists, etc.;
- Projects "Hospitable School", "The Path of the Hero", "Show of Professions", etc.;
- Museum complex of the history of the Kosmodemyanskiy family, sports club;
- Career guidance based on the projects "Vocational training without borders", "Technology lessons based on colleges";
- Design and research work;
- Subject Olympiads, educational competitions;
- Sports competitions, delivery of TRP norms;
- Creative projects of city, district and school levels.
Students are expected to dress strictly in black / blue and white / pastel colors. It is forbidden to wear high heels, bright accessories, defiant clothes.
Gymnasium №201 cooperates with a number of colleges and universities in Moscow:
- Polytechnic College №8;
- Polytechnic College named after N.N. Godovikova;
- College of Railroad Urban Transport;
- MGTU GA.
- School uniform;
- Educational projects;
- Circles and sections, extracurricular activities;
- Profile classes.
Facilities and equipment at Gymnasium №201 named after Heroes of the Soviet Union Zoya and Alexander Kosmodemyanskiy
The gymnasium consists of four buildings, including several kindergarten buildings. They are equipped with:
- Premises for groups of different ages: sleeping places, bathrooms, playrooms;
- Physical culture and music halls, swimming pools;
- Walking grounds in the territories;
- Specialists' offices - speech therapist, psychologist, etc.;
- Common dining room;
- Medical and treatment facilities.
School infrastructure for schoolchildren are well equipped:
- Study rooms with chalk and interactive whiteboards, projectors;
- Classrooms for primary classes;
- Practical laboratories of natural science subjects;
- Small and large gyms, swimming pools;
- Libraries with reading rooms, MFPs, printers, scanners;
- Computer classes;
- Additional education rooms;
- Sports stadiums: running tracks, obstacle courses, game fields;
- Assembly halls for events;
- Common dining room and buffet;
- Offices of specialists - speech therapist, psychologist;
- Medical and treatment facilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is from September to May, lasts 33-34 weeks. Educational year is structured in terms of trimesters and semesters.
Dates of trimesters for grades 1-9:
- September 1-November 17;
- November 23-February 20;
- March 1-May 31.
Dates of semesters for high school students:
- September 1-December 30;
- January 11-May 31.
List of vacation dates for all students:
- October 6-11;
- November 18-22;
- December 31-January 10;
- February 21-28;
- April 7-11;
- June 1-August 31.
Classes are held from Monday to Friday, with excursions and activities on Saturday. Lessons start at 8:30 a.m. and each is 45 minutes long. First graders study in a "stepwise" mode with an increase in the lesson time from 35 to 45 minutes.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Students can enroll in the school by submitting an application on the mos.ru portal and submitting your personal documents. Children aged 6.5-8 years are admitted to the first grades.
Transfer from the preschool to the school department takes place upon a written application from the parents addressed to the headmaster of the gymnasium.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Gymnasium №201 named after Heroes of the Soviet Union Zoya and Alexander Kosmodemyanskiy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.