Gymnasium №1520 named after Kaptsov
Description of Gymnasium №1520 named after Kaptsov
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Students age: 7 to 18 years old
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time
- Adapted programs
- Stages of education: primary, basic, secondary.
The gymnasium has two buildings, the first of which was opened in 1892. Since 2015, a school with in-depth study of a foreign language has been operating. Gymnasium 1520 ranks 1st in the Presnensky District, 10th in the Central Administrative District and 24th in Moscow in the ranking of successful USE.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Gymnasium №1520 named after Kaptsov
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school provides paid and discounted meals. Students of grades 1-4 and some social categories of children eat free of charge.
Students can pay for meals using the student's electronic card "Passage and Meals", by which parents can also track the child's attendance at school.
Academic groups are fed according to an individual schedule, at any break, each student can use the buffet service.
activity Gymnasium №1520 named after Kaptsov
After school hours, gymnasium students can attend school circles and sections organized in several directions:
- Technical courses - study of computer and information technology, programming, robotics:
- Layout and modeling of objects
- Engineering graphics.
- Physical culture and sports activities:
- Table / tennis
- Natural science education - in-depth study of basic scientific subjects (mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology, etc.), zoology based on design and research activities
- Socio-pedagogical orientation - circles on the topics:
- Languages (Russian, English, German, French, Chinese)
- Law basics
- Fundamentals of Social Science
- Intellectual development
- Moscow studies.
- Artistic orientation - classes on:
- Fine arts (painting, graphics, etc.)
- The basics of theatrical, musical art
- Dance and vocal directions
- Playing musical instruments.
Also gymnasium students participate in:
- Writing practical research papers on topics of basic subjects
- Visiting museums, theaters, attractions, etc.
- Regular school and city events
- Sports competitions, creative contests
- Subject Olympiads
- Conferences, projects
- Volunteer school movement.
- Profile classes
- Active extracurricular activities, additional education
- Cooperation with universities.
Facilities and equipment at Gymnasium №1520 named after Kaptsov
In two buildings of the gymnasium for a comfortable and effective learning, equipped with:
- Study rooms
- Practical laboratories
- Classrooms of additional education (classrooms of music and fine arts, workshops, etc.)
- Dance and assembly halls
- Libraries with reading spaces
- Sports halls and grounds on the territory of the buildings.
The classrooms use interactive and chalk boards, projectors, video and audio systems. In the library, students can use printers, scanners and MFPs.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into trimesters for grades 1-9:
- September 1-November 13
- November 23-February 19
- March 1 - May 21/31.
Pupils of grades 10-11 go through the program in half-years:
- September 1-December 30
- January 11 - May 21/31.
- October 5-11
- November 16-22
- December 31-January 10
- February 22-28
- April 5-11.
Schoolchildren attend classes five days a week, development classes are held on Saturday. Lessons begin at 8:30, each lasting 45 minutes (35 minutes in the first half of the year for first grades).
Cooperation with universities
Gymnasium No. 1520 cooperates with such universities as:
- Moscow State University (biological, law faculties)
- Higher School of Economics
- NRNU MEPhI
- Space Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry. academicians M.M. Shemyakin and Yu.A. Ovchinnikov Russian Academy of Sciences
- Russian State Social University
- State Institute of the Russian Language. A.S. Pushkin
- Moscow City Pedagogical University
- Moscow State University of Psychology and Education
- Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry. N.S. Kurnakov of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Institutes and universities provide high school students with the opportunity to practice, to participate in lectures and conferences, to give an advantage when entering after graduation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to the school takes place only through registration on the Moscow Public Services Portal. On the site you need to submit an application and wait for an invitation to an educational organization for further admission.
Scholarships Gymnasium №1520 named after Kaptsov
Gymnasium students, their parents, teachers and friends of the school are annually awarded with commemorative tokens for academic success, Olympiad, sports, creative movements and assistance in the extracurricular development plan.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Gymnasium №1520 named after Kaptsov
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.