Gymnasium №1514 Moscow
Description of Gymnasium №1514 Moscow
- Established: 1958
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Students age: 2-18 years old
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Type of education: public coeducational school.
In 1958, the mathematical school No. 52 was founded, in 1960 it received the status of a special mathematical school. In 1993, school No. 52 was given the status of a "gymnasium" and changed the number to 1514.
Children from 2 to 18 years old study here. The gymnasium has several studying profiles: mathematical, humanitarian, natural science. From the 9th grade, a cultural profile is introduced.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Gymnasium №1514 Moscow
Accommodation, meals, prices
The gymnasium offers hot breakfasts and lunches to students.
Activities Gymnasium №1514 Moscow
- Moscow Cinema project. Within the framework of the project, Moscow schoolchildren, teachers, parents, and veterans of pedagogical work watch masterpieces of Russian cinema: military, historical films, films for children, film adaptations of literary works.
- Project "Academic class": excursions to the Institute of Space Research Institute of Spectroscopy RAS, Institute of Laser and Information Technologies of RAS, Conferences on the development of children's engineering and space education, Air Engineering School of Moscow State University, the Cassiopeia Foundation with the assistance of the State Corporation "Roscosmos", Moscow Tournament of Young Physicists (TUV), MIPT, State Research Center TRINITY, Institute for Nuclear Research.
- Within the framework of the Kurchatov project, students attend the Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, National Research Nuclear University MEPhI, conferences "From knowledge to practice, from practice to results", the youth scientific school of the NRC "Kurchatov Institute".
- In 2017, the school took 4th place in the ranking of the best schools in Moscow.
- In the 8th grade, high school students can choose to study mathematics (algebra, geometry, computer science, physics), humanitarian (English, Russian, literature, foreign languages - 2 languages to choose from, history), natural science (biology, physics, chemistry), engineering and technology (physics, robotics, algebra, geometry, computer science), cultural profile (Latin, philosophy, MHC).
- The school offers an adapted educational program for students with disabilities.
Facilities and equipment at Gymnasium №1514 Moscow
The school is equipped with printed and electronic information and educational resources in all subjects of the curriculum of basic general education:
- Textbooks, including publications with electronic attachments
- Educational-methodical literature, materials on all academic subjects of the main program
- Additional literature (domestic, foreign, classical, modern fiction, popular science, scientific and technical literature, publications on fine arts, music, physical culture and sports, ecology, rules of safe behavior on the roads, reference and bibliographic, periodicals, collection dictionaries, literature on social and professional self-determination of students).
The educational institution has a psychological service that diagnoses the psychological state of a student from the moment of his admission to school, in the process of adapting to new learning conditions, diagnostics of individual psychological characteristics, inclinations and abilities of the child to provide psychological support in the process of choosing a studying profile and choosing a further life paths (monitoring the psychological development of a school student).
Admission dates and extra charges
- Working days are weekly from Monday to Friday.
- Non-working days are Sundays and holidays.
- Pupils enter the school building - 7.30.
- Preliminary call for the first lesson - 8.25.
- Classes start at 8.30.
In accordance with the individual curriculum and to mitigate the psychophysical load of students, the academic year is divided into equal modules of 5 weeks duration, separated by holidays.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to the gymnasium is carried out from any class according to the results of the exam. You can take them at the end of the academic year, but in the 8th grade, the student who takes the exams will have to pass, in addition to the main subjects, profile ones.
Admission to the gymnasium from grade 5 is carried out according to the results of the exam in the following subjects:
- Russian language
- English (interview).
Enrollment and transfer of pupils and students to GBOU School No. 1514 is carried out by electronic applications of parents (legal representatives). Only participants registered through the school's official website are eligible to participate in the entrance tests.
Entrance tests for admission to pre-profile eighth grades are conducted remotely using the platforms Zoom, Yandex-Contest, etc.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Gymnasium №1514 Moscow
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.