Gymnasium No. 1590 named after Hero of the Soviet Union V.V. Kolesnik
Description of Gymnasium No. 1590 named after Hero of the Soviet Union V.V. Kolesnik
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Students age - from 1.5 to 18 years old;
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time, part-time;
- Subdivisions of education: preschool, primary, basic, secondary.
School №159 was opened in 1969 and served as the basis for the current gymnasium №1590 named after Hero of the Soviet Union V.V. Kolesnik. Having passed the reorganization, this institution has replenished its composition with several buildings of the preschool unit, as well as the buildings of the secondary school №1112. In terms of the quality of education, the gymnasium is doing well: in the ranking of the best schools, it is in third place in the Khovrino district and in 124th in Moscow.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Gymnasium No. 1590 named after Hero of the Soviet Union V.V. Kolesnik
Accommodation, meals, prices
Meals are organized according to the daily menu. Students are provided with preferential and paid options, each of which can be ordered in the form of a coupon or purchased one-time. Gymnasium students can pay for the products of the canteen or school cafe with the help of the electronic card "Passage and Meals", which also provides access to the school buildings. On the mos.ru portal, parents / legal representatives can limit spending on the card, track attendance at lessons, and adjust their child's diet.
Activities Gymnasium No. 1590 named after Hero of the Soviet Union V.V. Kolesnik
Additional education is presented in several directions:
- Solving mathematical problems of increased complexity;
- Computer science;
- Layout, modeling and design of objects;
- Air, auto, ship, railway structure;
- YUID ("Young Traffic Inspectors");
- Computer technology, programming and robotics.
- Physical culture and sports:
- General physical training;
- Trap shooting;
- Sports acrobatics;
- Ball games: football, volleyball, basketball, etc.
- Natural science:
- Subject study of basic subjects (mathematics, geography, biology, chemistry, etc.);
- Biochemistry and biophysics;
- Naturalism (the basics of naturalistic work);
- Design and research activities.
- Social and humanitarian:
- Studying Russian, English, Chinese languages;
- Intellectual, artistic and aesthetic development, socialization and communication;
- Play activity;
- Speech therapy classes;
- Museum business;
- Country geography;
- Fundamentals of Psychology;
- Vocational guidance;
- Preparatory lessons for preschoolers.
- Tourist and local history: Moscow studies.
- Dances: pop, ballroom, modern, etc.;
- Handicraft: working with various materials, making toys;
- Singing: ensembles, academic singing, folklore or ethnocultural group;
- Fiction reading;
- Fundamentals of Musical and Theater Creativity;
- Painting and graphics.
- Extracurricular activities:
- Excursions and themed events;
- Volunteer squad "Kind hearts";
- Student self-government;
- Museum complex of the school;
- Subject Olympiads, educational competitions;
- Sports competitions, delivery of TRP norms;
- Creative projects of city, district and school levels.
Gymnasium №1590 cooperates with a number of Moscow universities on the basis of training specialized classes:
- Military University of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation;
- Military Academy of the Strategic Missile Forces named after Peter the Great.
- Profile classes;
- Educational projects;
- Circles of interest and sections, extracurricular activities;
- Cooperation with universities.
Facilities and equipment at Gymnasium No. 1590 named after Hero of the Soviet Union V.V. Kolesnik
The gymnasium includes seven buildings. For schoolchildren, the buildings are equipped with:
- Study rooms with chalk and interactive whiteboards, projectors;
- Classrooms for primary classes;
- Practical laboratories of natural science subjects;
- Sport halls;
- Libraries with reading rooms, MFPs, printers, scanners;
- Computer classes with individual PCs;
- Additional education rooms;
- Sports stadiums: running tracks, obstacle courses, game fields;
- Assembly halls for events;
- Common dining room and buffet;
- Offices of specialists - speech therapist, psychologist;
- Medical and treatment facilities.
School infrastructure for pupils of the preschool department are well equipped:
- Premises for groups of different ages: sleeping places, bathrooms, playrooms;
- Physical culture and music halls;
- Walking grounds in the territories;
- Specialists' offices - speech therapist, psychologist, etc.;
- Common dining room.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into terms:
- September 1-November 13;
- November 23-February 19;
- March 1 - May 21/28.
The end date of the educational process depends on the results of the final certification and the class.
- October 3-11;
- November 14-22;
- December 31-January 10;
- February 20-28;
- April 3-11;
- May 22/29 - August 31.
Classes are held from Monday to Friday in one shift, Saturday is considered the day of additional education.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
An application for admission to a gymnasium can be submitted on the mos.ru portal or in person when visiting an institution.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Gymnasium No. 1590 named after Hero of the Soviet Union V.V. Kolesnik
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.