• Foundation: 1999
• Abbreviation: GZU
• Status: state
• Location: Masvingo, Zimbabwe
• Age: from 17 years old
• Accommodation: residence
• Language of instruction: English.
In 1995, the President of Zimbabwe read a report on the need to create a university in Masvingo, and in 1999, a university college was opened on the basis of pedagogical and technical colleges, which later received the name of Great Zimbabwe.
The Great Zimbabwe, or the Great Stones of Zimbabwe, is the cultural heritage of the people of the republic, the remains of an ancient highly developed culture. Important Zimbabwe is hosting important public events, holidays, this name inspires university staff and students to conduct research in the field of cultural heritage, to promote its preservation and study.
The University of Great Zimbabwe understands its mission in participating in raising the level of education of African society, in developing the scientific and cultural potential of its country.
In 2008, the university launched the annual Jimbahwe Arts Festival, which has become a cultural event for all of Africa. The festival brings together different types of art, literature, culinary excellence, a demonstration of research in the field of cultural heritage. Since 2012, all university curricula contain modules on the culture and study of the heritage of African peoples.
• Agricultural and natural sciences
• Art, culture, heritage
• Social sciencies.
• Beginning of the school year: February
• Language of instruction: English
• Age: 17+
• Duration of study: 2-3 years.
Students pay from $ 100 to pay for housing, and from $ 270 per month for food and travel.
• Great Zimbabwe University is among the top 10 universities in Zimbabwe
• Innovative training programs
• Education of qualities and skills necessary for a successful career
• Internships in government agencies, in public and private companies under the guidance of professionals
• Participation in research, development of analytical thinking
• Scholarships, grants
• Low education fees.
GZU has several campuses: until 2013, the campus was only in Masvingo, which is now the main one. In 2013, the reconstruction of the Gats mine, the Mandava Hotel and the Paramount Academy, purchased to create new modern campuses: Mashava, Muceke, City, begins.
All campuses have dormitories and clean, bright, furnished rooms. All hostels are equipped with backup electricity and water supply, unlimited W i -fi. In student cafes you can buy inexpensive meals.
The Health Department takes care of students' well-being, is engaged in the prevention of diseases, the promotion of a healthy lifestyle, and family planning. At the university, 2 student clinics treat and advise students.
Great Zimbabwe University is a secular university, but for believing students on campuses there is a chaplain with whom you can chat, consult, and talk on religious topics.
The academic year is divided into semesters: 1 semester begins in February, the second in August. Registration fee for foreign undergraduate students - $ 20, graduate - $ 30, graduate school - $ 50.
Great Zimbabwe University provides scholarships and grants for students and graduate students.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.