Grammar school №48 Chelyabinsk
Description of Grammar school №48 Chelyabinsk
- Location: Chelyabinsk, Russia
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Number of students: 1000
- Established: 1930
- Type: state.
Grammar school №48 was founded in 1930. Today, the educational institution is included in the Top 200 of the best schools in Russia, implements bilingual education programs and in-depth study of the French language. The peculiarity of the school is that students are completely immersed in the linguistic environment: most of the general educational subjects - biology, history, literature, geography - are taught in French.
In addition to academic immersion in the language environment, the gymnasium program includes:
- Virtual and direct contacts with native speakers
- Creative and scientific projects in French
- City, federal, and international events dedicated to the French language.
The school implements programs:
- Weighted average point is a student’s performance indicator that takes into account the importance of each type of work for which the student received an assessment
- Teaching by the Peterson method, i.e. the technique of “puff cake”. Its essence is that knowledge is presented in a simple form and layered on top of each other.
- Meaningful reading.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Grammar school №48 Chelyabinsk
Activities Grammar school №48 Chelyabinsk
Pupils of the gymnasium regularly participate in federal competitions:
- Total dictation
- Roads of Victory
- Princess on ice
- Festival of technical creativity, etc.
There is a school forestry, trips and excursions are regularly organized.
- Bilingual training programs
- Opportunity to receive a prize M.M. Klein
- High School Profile
- Grammar school is in the Top 200 schools of the Russian Federation
- Modern material and technical base
- Qualified teachers
- The possibility of an in-depth study of the French language, in elementary school - English
- The work of the summer camp "Orange Camel".
Facilities and equipment at Grammar school №48 Chelyabinsk
The gymnastic complex includes two main buildings. In two buildings in total:
- 52 academic rooms
- Gymnastics and choreography room
- Cabinet of service workers
- Laboratories at the offices of physics, chemistry, biology
- The library center, the fund of which has about 30 thousand publications
- Reading room with computers and Internet access
- Outdoor sports ground
- Medical office
- The office of psychological and social assistance.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student of gymnasium No. 48, you must:
- Submit an application for admission. Only children living in the territory assigned to the educational institution are enrolled in the ranks of students.
- Provide: a medical certificate, a birth certificate of the child, a copy of the medical policy and SNILS (parent and child), a certificate of residence, consent to the processing of personal data and a contract for training.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Grammar school №48 Chelyabinsk
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.