Gnessin Russian Academy of Music
Description of Gnessin Russian Academy of Music
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Gnessin Russian Academy of Music is one of the oldest and leading educational institutions in Russia in the field of promotion and preservation of Russian culture. The Academy educates students in all known specialties and specializations of various musical directions that are studied in the country.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the Gnessin RAM includes the following structural units:
- Gnessin Music College;
- Music College of Variety and Jazz Art;
- Musical Lyceum named after A.V. Alexandrov;
- Music School.
On the basis of the Academy there are 9 faculties:
- Folklore art;
- Modern music industry;
- Musical art of pop;
- Folk instruments;
In addition, the structure of the Gnessin RAM includes:
- Opera House-Studio named after Yu.A. Speransky;
- Musical and Ethnographic Center named after E.V. Gippius;
- Memorial museum-apartment of E.F. Gnesina.
Every year, all-Russian and international scientific conferences are held within the walls of the Gnessin Russian Academy of Sciences:
- International Scientific Conference of Students and Postgraduates "Research of Young Musicologists";
- PRIORITY-2030: International Scientific Conference "Musical Science in the Context of Culture";
- International Scientific Conference "Musicological Forum-2022" and others.
In addition, the publishing house "Gnessin Russian Academy of Music" operates on the basis of the Academy, the scientific periodical "Scientific Notes of the Gnessin Russian Academy of Music" is published on an ongoing basis.
Things to know about
Since 2016, the Gnessin RAM has been a particularly valuable object of the cultural heritage of the peoples of the Russian Federation (Decree of the President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin No. 175 of April 11, 2016).
In 2019, the Gnessin RAM concluded 8 international treaties on education and science with countries such as China, China, Romania, Colombia, France and others.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Gnessin Russian Academy of Music
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Gnessin Russian Academy of Music has a hostel for nonresident and foreign citizens enrolled in education. In total, the hostel can accommodate about 220 people.
When checking into the hostel of the Academy, it is necessary to submit the following documents:
- Passport and its copy,
- A copy of the health insurance policy,
- 2 photos 3*4 cm.
Additionally, upon check-in, it is necessary to collect the following medical certificates:
- Certificate on the form 086u (copy);
- Fluorography (original and copy), validity period - 12 months;
- The conclusion of the dermatologist on the state of health and the result of a laboratory blood test for RW (syphilis) and their copies, the validity period is 6 months;
- Certificate with the results of HIV tests and its copy;
- Discharge of the therapist with the last date of vaccination against measles and diphtheria (a break after the last vaccination is no more than 10 years).
Meals for students and teachers of the university are carried out in two canteens with a total capacity of 210 people.
Activities Gnessin Russian Academy of Music
The Student Council operates at the Gnessin Rami Academy of Sciences. The main tasks of the Council are: the organization of cultural events, the protection of the rights of students, the support of socially significant initiatives of students, etc.
Within the walls of the Academy, reporting concerts of students and graduates of the Academy, concerts of cultural figures, performances, operas, etc. are held annually.
Students can visit the Memorial Museum-Apartment of E.F. Gnesina.
Facilities and equipment at Gnessin Russian Academy of Music
At the disposal of the Gnessin RAM there are 4 educational buildings. Classrooms are equipped with musical instruments and equipment for practical and lecture classes. Some of the classrooms are equipped with computers with Internet access and projectors. Each building of the Academy is equipped with open access to high-speed Internet (Wi-Fi).
In addition, RAM has at its disposal concert and rehearsal halls:
- Gnessin Grand Concert Hall;
- Organ Hall of the Gnessin Academy of Music;
- The Great Hall of the Gnessin Music College;
- The music lounge of shuvalova's house;
- Chamber Hall ram named after Gnessin.
Two libraries and two reading rooms have been opened for students of the Academy, a multifunctional sports hall and a choreography hall, a health center.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into two semesters (autumn and spring), each ending with an examination session and holidays. Vacations are divided into two parts:
- winter (week, end of January — beginning of February);
- summer (2 months, July-August). In addition to the week of rest includes new Year's holidays.
The cost of living in the hostel of the Academy:
- State-funded students - from 1490 rubles per month;
- Students on the contract - from 4650 rubles per month.
Payment for additional services in the hostel - from 140 rubles per month.
In the Gnessin Russian Academy of Sciences, the reception of documents for full-time education begins on June 20 of the current year and lasts until July 7 inclusive. From July 8 to July 25 inclusive, entrance tests are held. Lists of applicants are published no later than July 27.
When submitting an application, the applicant must submit the following package of documents to the admissions office:
- Identity and citizenship document (passport);
- A document of the established sample on education (certificate and / or diploma);
- 2 photographs (3x4) (for persons entering the education on the basis of the results of entrance examinations conducted by the Academy independently).
Documents can be submitted in three convenient ways:
- Through the portal "Public Services";
- Personally to the admissions office;
- By mail.
More than 1500 people study annually at the Gnessin Rami Academy of Sciences. About 80% of students study at the university at the expense of the federal budget.
The most popular educational programs of the Academy:
- Vocal art (Academic singing) - 131 people;
- Musical and instrumental art (Piano) - 110 people.
According to statistics, the level of employment of graduates of the Gnessin Rams is about 90%. The Academy has a Department of Employment, Practice and Career: the main task of the department is to help graduates of the Gnessin Russian Academy of Sciences in finding a job after graduation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the Gnessin Russian Academy of Music in the areas of higher music education, the following requirements are put forward to applicants:
- Completed education: secondary specialized and/or secondary general;
- High results on the Unified State Exam;
- Successful completion of creative tests.
The minimum number of passing points according to the results of the Unified State Exam and creative tests:
- Russian language — 56;
- Literature : 45;
- Creative Challenge – 50;
- Professional test — 50;
- Interview — 50.
Scholarships Gnessin Russian Academy of Music
The Gnessin Rami Academy of Sciences has a system of scholarship support for students:
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- State academic scholarships;
- State scholarships;
- State social scholarships;
- Increased state academic scholarships;
- State academic scholarships in an increased amount.
In addition, students of the Academy can take the chance to pay personalized scholarships. These payments are awarded to students at the Gnessin Rams:
- Scholarship of the Y. Rozum Foundation;
- "Young Talents of Russia";
- Scholarship of Z. Bron.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Gnessin Russian Academy of Music
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.