GBOU Education Center №218 Moscow
Description of GBOU Education Center №218 Moscow
- Year of foundation: 1939;
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Students age: 2-18 years old;
- Number of students: 850 people;
- Language of instruction: Russian;
- Type of education: public coeducational school.
School №218 is the leading school in the northern educational district, one of the strongest schools in the city in recent years, providing high-quality education. Graduates consistently demonstrate high results at the All-Russian Olympiad: the school has made it into the list of the best Russian educational institutions of language, chemistry-biological and physics-related topics.
The main direction of work is the individualization of the educational process: individual curricula have been introduced. Over 20 years of work in this direction, it has been possible to build an effective system of individualization: starting from grade 5, it allows children to achieve good results, develop in the chosen directions.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in GBOU Education Center №218 Moscow
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school provides hot lunches and dinners.
Activities GBOU Education Center №218 Moscow
- As part of the annual arts festival, students, their parents and teachers show their creativity and stage skills, and the intellectual marathon prepares for regional and city competitions.
- The school theater puts on plays in English.
- On vacation, students go on ecological expeditions to the Khibiny, rest in a mathematics camp in the Arkhangelsk region.
- The "Mathematical Vertical" project is aimed at multipurpose pre-profile training. Graduates of the project successfully study in high school in specialized, pre-professional, academic, IT-classes, enter the leading universities of the city. Students in the classes of the "Mathematical Vertical" project will learn to apply mathematical knowledge in modern professions.
List of technical studios:
- Digital laboratory "NAURASHA" (2 classes);
- Computer technology, programming, robotics;
- Lego programming;
- Lego construction and modeling, Scratch programming.
List of sport sections:
- General physical training;
- Dance sport;
- Mini football;
- Table tennis;
- Vocal ensemble;
- Choral studio (grades 1-4);
- Fundamentals of theatrical and musical creativity "Musical Watercolors";
- Fundamentals of theatrical and musical creativity "Theatrical stage" (grades 5-6);
- Flute Vocal and instrumental ensemble "Melodiya".
Museology - "Museums: history, culture, literature" (grade 9).
- Education Center №218 applies an individual approach, adaptability, flexibility and variability of education, implements a multi-stage model of a multidisciplinary school. The condition for the implementation of this model is a constant change in the content of education.
- The school teaches children to independently build the trajectory of their own development, therefore, education in primary school has been built on a developmental system for many years, and in secondary and high school, education forms the ability to foresee the consequences of decisions made and be responsible for their choice.
- To implement the model at school, an educational space has been created and is constantly developing, the elements of which are: a system of extracurricular modules; stratal differentiation in grades 6-7; system of propaedeutic courses; individual curriculum for grades 8-11; a three-level system of training programs (basic, specialized, advanced levels); a wide range of additional education, development of planning and design skills.
- The organizational model contains mechanisms that ensure the possibility of educational and social lift for students.
- GBOU School №218 for a number of years has shown a consistently high result of the quality of education, which is confirmed by the results of the school students at the state final certification, the results of independent diagnostics, the victories of children at the Olympiads at various levels.
- More than 80% of graduates gain 220 USE points.
- For more than ten years, the school has open mathematical circles, circles in chemistry, physics and literature.
- Since 1991, the school has a Saturday preparatory department for kids "Filippok" with entertaining lessons in mathematics, foreign languages, speech development.
Facilities and equipment at GBOU Education Center №218 Moscow
- The classrooms are equipped with a teacher's computer with Internet access, multimedia equipment.
- ICT students can master in three specially equipped classrooms.
- Two PC-based language laboratories are equipped for learning a foreign language.
- Technology lessons are held in the carpentry and locksmith shops, home economics office.
- In Fundamentals of life safety lessons, students learn to provide first aid on modern simulators, acquire skills in handling weapons in a specially equipped electronic dash.
- The school has a reading room and a library fund.
- For physical education and sports, the school has large and small gyms. In the structural divisions of the school there are premises for sports activities and games with preschoolers with a full range of sports equipment + a swimming pool that meets the SanPin standards. There is a universal sports ground for outdoor sports. All computers are integrated into a corporate network, there is sound and projection equipment for assembly halls, and Wi-Fi wireless technology operates in each building.
- There is a catering unit with a washing room, utility room, refrigerators, electric stoves, in preschool units there are kitchens for cooking.
- The school is guarded by a private security organization, a "alarm button", a video surveillance system, and a fire alarm are installed.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Reception of children in groups - from 7.00 to 8.00;
- The duration of stay of pupils in preschool groups is from 7.00 to 19.00.
- Beginning of classes: 8.30;
- Duration of the lesson: in grades 2-11 - 45 minutes, in grades 1 - 40 minutes;
- In grades 1-4 - a 5-day school week, Saturday is an educational day;
- In grades 5-6 - a 5-day school week, Saturday is an educational day;
- In grades 7-11 - 5/6-day academic week (Vuchetich St., 6 / Dmitrovskoe highway, 5A).
Some services are paid additionally to tuition fee:
- Developing classes;
- Educational classes;
- Foreign languages;
- Dance studio.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When enrolling in grade 1, parents provide a birth certificate, apply for enrollment. For enrollment of students, parents / legal representatives provide an extract of grades for the last 2 years.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about GBOU Education Center №218 Moscow
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.