Educational Center No. 1498
Description of Educational Center No. 1498
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Students age - from 7 to 18 years old;
- Adapted programs;
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time, part-time;
- Types of education: primary, basic, secondary.
This institution was created in 2014 during the merger of several schools, thus receiving the name "Moscow International School". According to the official rating of the best schools in Moscow, compiled in November 2011 based on the results of educational activities, Education Center №1498 took the 261st place.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Educational Center No. 1498
Accommodation, meals, prices
Each student is the owner of an electronic card "Moskvenok", which is used to pay for purchases in the cafeteria and buffet. A personal account is linked to it, which is replenished by parents through the mos.ru portal. On the portal it is also possible to track expenses, the child's diet, and attendance at lessons.
Pupils are provided with paid and discounted meals in the form of coupons or one-time portions. A visit to the canteen is organized according to a general schedule, in which individual time is allocated for each parallel of classes.
Activities Educational Center No. 1498
In the center of education №1498 there are circles and sections working in several directions:
- Solving mathematical problems of increased complexity;
- Computer science;
- Layout, modeling, design;
- Computer and information technology, programming, robotics.
- Physical culture and sports:
- General physical training;
- Dance sport;
- Martial arts: karate, aikido, judo;
- Chess club;
- Trap shooting;
- Ball games: football, volleyball, basketball, table tennis, etc.
- Natural science:
- Subject study of basic subjects (mathematics, geography, biology, chemistry, etc.);
- Biochemistry and biophysics;
- Design and research activities.
- Social and humanitarian:
- Studying language (Russian, Spanish, English);
- Intellectual, artistic and aesthetic development, socialization and communication;
- Educational games;
- Museum business;
- Fundamentals of Social Science.
- Tourist and local history:
- Local history;
- Moscow studies.
- Contemporary dances;
- Needlework, work with various materials;
- Painting and graphics;
- Theatrical and musical creativity.
- Extracurricular activities:
- Volunteer detachment "Bereginya";
- Excursions and themed events;
- Student self-government;
- Museum complex, school media;
- Design and research work;
- Urban projects: "Moscow cinema at school", "Moscow guide", "Russian movement of schoolchildren", etc.;
- Environmental education and tourism;
- Cambridge Exam Preparation Center;
- Subject Olympiads, educational competitions, scientific conferences;
- Sports competitions, delivery of TRP norms, movement "Yunarmiya";
- Creative projects of city, district and school levels.
The educational center cooperates with several educational organizations for vocational guidance and training of specialized classes:
- Moscow State University M.V. Lomonosov;
- Higher School of Economics;
- RTU MIREA;
- Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation;
- NUST MISIS;
- RNIMU them. N.I. Pirogov;
- Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry A.I. Evdokimova;
- RUT (MIIT);
- Russian State University of Oil and Gas THEM. Gubkina;
Partner schools cooperating on the basis of the Rural School Support Project:
- Secondary school №25 with in-depth study of individual subjects. I.V. Gracheva, Kaliningrad;
- Oryol basic secondary school of the Guryevsky district of the Kaliningrad region;
- Secondary school in Vasilkovo village.
- Advanced study of English and drawing;
- UNESCO Associated School;
- Profile classes;
- Circles of interest and sections, extracurricular activities;
- Educational projects.
Facilities and equipment at Educational Center No. 1498
The center consists of four buildings, which are equipped with:
- Study rooms with chalk and interactive whiteboards, projectors;
- Classrooms for primary classes;
- Practical laboratories of natural science subjects;
- Sport halls;
- Libraries with reading rooms where you can use MFPs, printers, scanners;
- Computer classes with individual PCs;
- Additional education rooms;
- Sports stadiums in some school areas: treadmills, obstacle courses, playgrounds;
- Assembly halls for events;
- Common dining and pantry areas;
- Offices of specialists - speech therapist, psychologist;
- Medical and treatment facilities.
Each building is technically equipped with assistive devices for the safe and comfortable movement of people with limited mobility.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year starts on September 1st and is organized in a modular fashion:
- September 1-November 13;
- November 23-February 19;
- March 1 - May 22/29.
The graduation date depends on the class.
List of vacations:
- October 5-11;
- November 16-22;
- December 31-January 10;
- February 22-28;
- April 5-11;
- 23/30 May-31 August.
Classes are held in one shift from Monday to Friday, on Saturday they organize their work circles and sections, excursions and events.
The daily start of classes is 8:30 a.m., the duration of each lesson is 45 minutes for grades 2-11, from 35 to 40 minutes for first graders.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Registration of applications for admission to the school is accepted on the mos.ru portal. When enrolling in specialized classes, a future student must pass entrance tests and an assessment rating.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Educational Center No. 1498
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.