The language school Home Language International was founded in 1979: for over 40 years it has been offering language programs for family living in 20 languages in more than 30 countries.
Students live and study in the teacher’s house, attend personal language lessons, eat and communicate with their family, continuing to use the language throughout their stay, sharing the daily life of the host country.
The Classic Language Program is the original and most popular program for adults, which completely immerses students in Danish language and culture. Students are provided with full board accommodation, private language lessons and free time outside of lessons and lunch, allowing them to independently study the daily life of the host family.
The course includes:
Language Program with Activities offers participants a unique opportunity to immediately put their language skills into practice. Activities include visiting local attractions, national parks, shopping, cooking traditional dishes, afternoon tea, bowling, minigolf, swimming, board games. The specific list of events will depend on the location of the family, local events, and personal interests of students.
Language Program with Cultural Excursions combines a language course with trips to discover the sights and customs of Denmark. The cultural program usually includes 3 visits with a teacher or any adult family member. The choice of places to visit will depend on the location of the family, the personal preferences of the student. All excursions are conducted in Danish, so training continues after classes.
The program includes:
Home Language International offers:
Host families range from traditional - with two adults, one or more children - to single parent families, young couples without children, couples of mature age, people who live alone.
Home Language International offers the following excursion options:
Home Language International offers individual programs, the ability to choose any suitable date (from Sunday to Sunday) at any time of the year and for the desired duration (at least one week).
Homestay varies from 1 to 2-3 weeks and may include from 10 to 25 hours of individual lessons with or without events. Some teachers work year-round, others only during school holidays.
HLI teaches students of all levels, from beginners to advanced, welcoming students of all ages.
Home Language International offers discounts on individual courses, accompanying accommodation, long stays.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.