Description of Damascus University
- Established: 1923
- Type: higher state educational institution
- Location: Damascus, Syria
- Language of instruction: Arabic.
The University of Damascus (DU) was founded in 1923 as a result of the merger of the Medical School and the Institute of Law and is the oldest, most important higher educational institution among five other Syrian state universities. DU offers educational programs at all levels of training.
The educational institution is part of an elite association of educational institutions - the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Damascus University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides the opportunity to live in a hostel.
- The university takes first place among the best universities in the country
- DU offers international exchange programs to its students.
Facilities and equipment at Damascus University
The educational institution is located in the capital of Syria - Damascus. The material and technical base of the university includes:
- The library
- Sports infrastructure
- 8 university hospitals.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
- Cost of living in Damascus = $ 242 -481 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, it is necessary to provide documents on education and pass a competitive selection.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Damascus University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.