Description of Coquitlam College
- Established: 1982
- Location: Coquitlam, Canada
- Type of training: joint
- Type of accommodation: family
- Language of instruction: English.
The prestigious Canadian college Coquitlam College, which has been actively conducting academic activities for 37 years, has gained a reputation as one of the best educational institutions in the country thanks to a rich curriculum, strict discipline, emphasis on subjects such as English, natural sciences, humanities, social sciences. Coquitlam College forms a fundamental knowledge base for students - college graduates have the right to apply for admission to the best universities in the USA, Canada and the world. Coquitlam College meets EQA requirements established by the British Columbia Department of Higher Education, is a member of the British Columbia Admissions and Translation Board (BCCAT), and participates in a university transfer program throughout British Columbia. A prestigious educational institution annually accepts students from all over the world who choose Coquitlam College for a highly qualified staff of teachers and high educational standards, and offers applicants a number of relevant training programs:
- English language (ES)
- high school
- pre-university training.
Getting an education at Coquitlam College is the first step towards a promising future. College graduates receive the necessary knowledge to continue their studies at the university, become first-class specialists and are valued in the international personnel market.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Coquitlam College
Accommodation, meals, prices
For foreigners, Coquitlam College offers an accommodation option in a host family in the Vancouver area: this is a unique opportunity for applicants to immerse themselves in traditions, study the cultural characteristics of Canada, take part in family entertainment, and thanks to daily oral communication, and improve linguistic skills. All families of Coquitlam College are thoroughly tested, are absolutely safe for the wards of the educational institution; houses are selected on a territorial basis and are located in close proximity to the college.
The homestay program contains:
- Three meals a day, including school lunch
- Modernly equipped rooms with necessary furniture, shared bathroom and laundry.
- Convenient location close to public transport
- Travel time from residence to college is no more than 30 minutes
- Accommodation in one family - maximum of 2 students, no more.
Coquitlam College is popular among students from all over the world:
- College Education Available for International Students
- Coquitlam graduates are one of the first applicants for successful enrollment in top universities in America and Canada
- With high academic performance, talented students are given the opportunity to finish the class ahead of schedule
- Classes are held in small study groups.
- The possibility of passing 2 academic programs at the same time, for example, high school + pre-university training
- Full-day Arts Degree students are eligible for up to 20 hours / week work activity. Full-time graduates are available to obtain the right to postgraduate work (PGWP).
Facilities and equipment at Coquitlam College
Coquitlam College is a top-level educational institution located in the center of the growing city of Coquitlam in the British Columbia province of Canada, a 5-minute walk from King George Train Station and a 25-minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The campus area of about 7 acres is famous for its developed infrastructure:
- student parking
- landscaped garden.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at Coquitlam College consists of 2 semesters - depending on the chosen program, the student has the right to apply on the following dates:
- January 6-17
- April 29-May 10
- September 9-20.
- registration fee $ 200
- airport transfer $ 80
- placement fee $ 200
- homestay + three meals a day $ 1100 / month
- participation in the event (excursions, entertainment) $ 25
- certificate of guardianship at the time of training $ 75.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
After making a positive decision on the admission of the candidate, Coquitlam College sends an official letter of confirmation to the applicant, students are divided into groups in accordance with the level of English language proficiency and academic training.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Coquitlam College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.