CHOU Lyceum Boarding School of Natural Sciences (LIEN)
Description of CHOU Lyceum Boarding School of Natural Sciences (LIEN)
- Location: Saratov, Russia;
- Students age - from 10 to 18 years old;
- Forms of study: full-time;
- Types of education: basic general and secondary general;
- Private paid educational institution.
The Lyceum was founded in 1992 and since then has graduated more than 6,000 students, who subsequently entered the leading universities in Russia and abroad. This educational institution is the best in the region among educational institutions of secondary education. The only one in the region, LIEN won the federal competition "The Best Schools of Russia", entered the International Network of Productive Schools (INEPS) and was awarded a membership in the UNESCO Associated Schools community.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in CHOU Lyceum Boarding School of Natural Sciences (LIEN)
Accommodation, meals, prices
LIEN provides paid meals in the canteens of the building. Accommodation is provided in the dormitory of the lyceum for students of the Saratov and other regions, each room is prepared for 1-3 people.
The procedure for admission and discharge of lyceum students from the boarding school:
- Admission and discharge of pupils to the boarding school is carried out on the basis of an application by the parents (legal representatives) of the lyceum student and the lessor's agreement (SSAU);
- Payment for accommodation in the boarding school is made at the cash desk of SSAU independently (separately).
Activities CHOU Lyceum Boarding School of Natural Sciences (LIEN)
In order to successfully study the educational program of lyceum students of grades 5-7, the Lyceum has an “Extended Day School”. Students can relax, do their homework, study in various circles and clubs. Making a portfolio with additional training allows you to determine the level of educational and extracurricular achievements of students.
Students of this educational institution participate in:
- School holidays;
- Social projects;
- Olympiads and conferences;
- Open discussions;
- Circles and sections of interest (vocal and art studios, robotics room).
During the study time, the lyceum- boarding school organizes excursions and expeditions around the city and region:
- Hiking, excursions and weekend hikes to the museum, art gallery, technopark, nature;
- Literary, historical, biological expeditions to study the biographies of Russian poets and writers, historical events, natural and historical-cultural landscapes;
- Search expeditions - memory watches organized by the school search detachment to the battle sites of the Second World War for the search and burial of the remains of the fallen Soviet soldiers;
- Multi-day hikes;
- Tour rally with the participation of teams formed from teachers, children and parents of schoolchildren;
- Summer camp, focused on organizing outdoor activities for children, survival skills in the wild, hardening (the camp program may include mini-hikes, marches, night orienteering, robinson games, quests, games, competitions, contests).
- Private institution;
- High level of education;
- Participation of students in olympiads, conferences and competitions;
- A wide range of opportunities for additional education.
Facilities and equipment at CHOU Lyceum Boarding School of Natural Sciences (LIEN)
All classrooms are equipped with the necessary materials for effective and comfortable learning. The sports hall is equipped with gymnastic apparatus, table tennis, sports equipment. The school has a shooting range with air rifles.
Also in the lyceum there are othe infrastructure:
- Sewing workshops;
- Wardrobe rooms;
- Rooms for storing decorations for performances.
Dorm rooms are equipped with beds, refrigerators, wardrobes for personal belongings and work areas. On the floor there are kitchens, classrooms for self-study, tutoring classes .
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the Lyceum begins on September 1 and lasts at least 34 weeks, excluding the USE and the OGE. Training takes place in the mode of a six-day educational week - from Monday to Saturday, as well as in two shifts. The beginning of the lessons on the first shift is 8:30 a.m., on the second - 13:30. The duration of one lesson is 40 minutes.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll in this educational institution, parents or legal representatives of the future student must fill out an electronic application. After that, the applicant can take part in trial lessons, test days of free attendance at the lyceum, participation in an interview and other educational activities. Admission of the prospective student will depend on the success of the trial period, which is two weeks.
Scholarships CHOU Lyceum Boarding School of Natural Sciences (LIEN)
The payment of scholarships is assigned by the director of the lyceum to students who succeed in education and participation in the Olympiads.
In addition to paying for hours of general education, the price includes teaching aids and textbooks, additional classes and sections. Payment for paid educational services is carried out for 12 months of each year, is made monthly for one or at a time for several months (at the choice of the students' parents). Tuition discounts are provided:
- 50% of the cost of training: close relatives of LIEN employees, partner organizations, sponsors, etc. (at the discretion of the boarding school administration), winners of the competition within the framework of the annual International scientific and practical conference "From school project to professional career", winners of subject Olympiads in specialized subjects of the lyceum at the level of the municipal district of the Saratov region and the city of Saratov, winners (2- e, 3rd place) of regional Olympiads in specialized subjects LIEN;
- 25% of the cost of education: to children of graduates since 1993, siblings of graduates or students of the lyceum;
- 100% of the cost of training: children of the lyceum employees in the amount of 100%, winners of regional subject Olympiads in the specialized subjects of the lyceum (physics, chemistry, biology, computer science, social studies, mathematics, Russian).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about CHOU Lyceum Boarding School of Natural Sciences (LIEN)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.