Kid's center "Yunost" named after A. Gaidar
Description of Kid's center "Yunost" named after A. Gaidar
- Location: Svetlogorsk, Kaliningrad Region, Russia
- Age of pupils: from 6 to 18 years
- Number of children per shift: about 400
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Type of training: mixed
Children's center "Yunost" named after A. Gaidar is an updated year-round recreation center for children and adolescents aged 6 to 18 years. In 2014 and 2022, during the reorganization, two camps were attached to the Gaidar Center: belousov and the Yunost sports camp. Now this large-scale institution works for children, offering a variety of thematic shifts throughout the year.
The campus of the center is located on one of the most beautiful coastal areas of Russia - near the city of Svetlogorsk, Kaliningrad region. Pupils have the opportunity to observe the natural beauties of this region, in groups to visit the Baltic Sea, go on excursions to the sights of Kaliningrad and much more.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kid's center "Yunost" named after A. Gaidar
Accommodation, meals, prices
On the territory of the institution there are several one-, two-storey brick and panel buildings that accommodate guests in rooms for 2-10 people. Each child has the necessary furniture for a comfortable stay and storage of personal belongings. Showers, toilets are located on each floor and in separate trailers on the street.
The large canteen of the camp offers five meals a day: breakfasts, lunches, afternoon snacks and two dinners. Every day, food is inspected by a commission composed of administrators, shift supervisors and medical professionals. The menu includes fresh vegetables, dairy products and pastries, seasonal fruits.
Activities Kid's center "Yunost" named after A. Gaidar
Most of the time the pupils spend in the fresh air: they play team games, visit the Baltic Sea coast in groups, go on excursions and walk.
The program of the camp includes a set of activities for patriotic education. Pupils organize and participate in such activities as:
- Celebration of the Day of Russia
- Film screenings
- Concerts-contests of patriotic songs
- Library clocks, radio lines.
Also in each shift attention is paid to local history. Children will be able to study natural beauty, history and interesting facts about the Kaliningrad region, participate in the activities of the circle "Young Pathfinder", visit many excursions.
Creative children will find a use for their talents in the musical circles of "Youth". Almost every collective gathering of the camp is accompanied by music, songs and poems written by figures of folklore and radio circles.
In the center there are other thematic circles:
- Paper plastics
- Dance, theatre studio
- English language
- Sports Department
- Volunteers of "Druzhina Aktiv".
Discos are held weekly for children of different ages: on them pupils can relax, get acquainted with the guys of other groups and listen to their favorite music.
- New campus
- Year-round shifts
- Full board.
Facilities and equipment at Kid's center "Yunost" named after A. Gaidar
The children's center occupies an area of more than 9 hectares. On it are located:
- Nine residential buildings
- Dining room for 210 seats
- Five games rooms with TVs
- Halls for table tennis, chess and checkers tournaments
- Dance Studio
- Assembly halls with stages equipped for performances
- Football field, basketball, volleyball courts
- Outdoor stage for events.
The institution provides the necessary infrastructure for a comfortable stay: sports equipment, decorations, clothes for productions and events.
On the territory of the camp there is a medical center that provides children with the necessary emergency care.
Admission dates and extra charges
Shift dates are updated annually:
- 1-21 June
- 24 June-14 July
- 17 July-6 August
- August 9-29.
The daily schedule is a simultaneous rise and going to bed, a collective visit to the dining room, the work of sports and creative circles, evening events. Children follow the daily routine regardless of age.
The cost of the voucher includes accommodation and five meals a day, participation in clubs and events. In addition, you will have to pay for a transfer to the camp.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Squads are made up depending on the age of the children. On the start dates of the shift, new guests are expected from 9:00 throughout the day.
Upon arrival, it is necessary to provide:
- Child's birth certificate or passport
- Medical policy, certificate form 079/u
- Certificate of absence of contact with infected people
- Contract, voucher.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kid's center "Yunost" named after A. Gaidar
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.