Central Ballet School of London
Description of Central Ballet School of London
- Year of foundation: 1982,
- Location: London, United Kingdom,
- Age of students: 4+,
- Number of students: 500+,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: ballet school.
The world-renowned Centre for Professional Dance , based in the South Bank art community in Southwork, London, under the direction of Mark Osterfield and artistic director Kate Coyne, offers dance courses at the school level as well as, in partnership with the University of Kent, undergraduate and graduate programmes.
It has the status of an independent educational and charitable organization, since June 2022 it is a member of the student association, which for Central students means the loss of connection with the Conservatory of Dance and Drama.
It was founded in 1982 by Anne Stannard and Christopher Gable. In 1984, ballet Central, the school's touring company, was formed, and today the Central Ballet School of London is the only educational institution offering a touring experience of its kind. In 2017, she moved to a new spacious modern campus.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Central Ballet School of London
Accommodation, meals, prices
Central does not provide a dormitory for students, but can recommend accommodation (both in student dormitories and – through accommodation agencies – in private apartments).
As a rule, utility bills are not included in the rental price.
Activities Central Ballet School of London
The school offers a number of additional opportunities for the development of artistic skills. One example is creative choreography classes, which give students the opportunity to work with leading dance industry professionals from organizations such as Ballet Black, with Akram Khan and with individual choreographers such as Jasmine Vardimon, artistic director of Jasmin Vardimon.
- Modern curricula;
- The best in the UK profile equipment and equipment;
- Own medical center with specialists of various profiles;
- Convenient location in a picturesque, quiet and cozy corner of London.
Facilities and equipment at Central Ballet School of London
The new Campus The Countess of Wessex studio, named after the school's crowned patron, is located near Waterloo Station on the south shore. It is easily accessible by tube, bus or any other public transport in London. This room with an area of over 3 thousand square meters. meters offers unusually wide opportunities, and in terms of saturation with modern equipment and infrastructure it is unparalleled in the UK.
Plenty of restaurants, markets and food shops for every budget with a variety of cuisines are within walking distance of the school, because the Countess of Wessex Studio is located near london's oldest and most famous food market, Borough Market, many restaurants on the south bank of the River Thames. Students can also use nearby supermarkets where they can buy essentials for cooking at home.
Students have access to a fully equipped theater studio, a variety of resource centers, as well as a Health Center, where students are provided with highly qualified assistance in the field of psychology, nutrition, physiotherapy, Pilates, post-traumatic recovery programs.
Admission dates and extra charges
In addition to tuition fees, there are a number of additional costs:
- A one-time entry fee of £100 (non-refundable);
- Compulsory school (student) uniform: the cost of the kit is £ 300 pounds for boys and £ 500 for girls;
- Medical insurance (~£1490–1600/year);
- The fee for resources (stationery and other minor expenses) is £ 125.
Foreign students also incur additional costs associated with learning English as a foreign language, as well as visa expenses, expenses related to accommodation, transportation and meals.
Pointe fittings and shoe selection advice are organised by Central with the support of Freed of London.
- The applicant can apply in person or online, after which he will receive an invitation to audition; Auditions can be conducted in person at school or online; in the latter case, it is necessary to record a video, post it on YouTube and send a link to the video to the representatives of the selection committee;
- Fill out an application form and pay a non-refundable filing fee of £35; the application will not be processed until the funds are received;
- After reviewing the application, applicants will be informed of the results by e-mail.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the basic degree program:
- achievement of 16 years by September 1 of the year of enrollment,
- age-appropriate adequate physical, technical and artistic abilities (tested by listening and medical examination);
- five credits (9–1) predicted on the GCSE, including English or equivalent,
- satisfactory completion of the necessary entrance tasks,
- interest and ability to further academic study.
Scholarships Central Ballet School of London
Central can provide its students with need scholarships that cover part or all of the costs of school uniforms, ballet shoes, and accommodation.
The application for the scholarship is submitted immediately after enrollment. When completing the application, the student will need to give student finance permission to transmit this information to Central. In addition to the above scholarships, a scholarship is provided for students out of custody and students left without parental care (£ 1000 / year).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Central Ballet School of London
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.