Description of BPP University
- Location: 19 campuses in the UK,
- Year of foundation: 1976,
- Number of students: more than 21 000,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
BPP University is a private university with many campuses in England and the Channel Islands.
The institution was founded in 1976 by Alan Brierley, Richard Price and Charles Praia as a school for accountants. BBP has grown rapidly and expanded the range of programs offered. In 2007, the university became the first non-governmental institution capable of awarding degrees and diplomas.
Now the university employs about 2,000 employees from about 40 countries. Teachers educated more than 21,000 students of different cultures and nationalities who study bachelor's and master's programs and improve their qualifications both full-time and online.
Each student is supervised and guided by a personal tutor who tracks academic progress and assists in solving many issues.
Faculties and colleges
The university consists of several schools-faculties:
- Business & Technology,
The university creates many teaching materials that are used by institutions around the world – in 150 countries.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in BPP University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The institution does not provide accommodation on campus, but staff will be able to help in finding an apartment or room for rent.
Activities BPP University
The university has created many student clubs connecting students with similar interests and hobbies. In extracurricular time, students have the opportunity to develop themselves, gain new experience and create new projects for the portfolio. If the necessary community is not yet registered, the student can create a new one and recruit like-minded people to it.
On campus there are such clubs as:
- Jurisprudence and law,
- Business research,
- Volunteer Association,
- Sports teams: football, basketball, athletics and others,
- Foreign Language Club,
- Literary readings,
International students have the opportunity to improve their language skills by attending additional English classes.
- More than 60,000 students complete the programs annually,
- Cooperation with more than 7000 organizations, including Shell, BAE Systems, Vodafone,
- Accreditation of all programs,
- More than 15 campuses,
- Multinationality among teachers and students.
Facilities and equipment at BPP University
Most of the study areas are located in England: London, Leeds and Manchester. Basically, the campuses are located near the city center, surrounded by a convenient transport network and many public places for recreation and entertainment.
The infrastructure of the university is truly modern, which allows students to learn new technologies, explore and create projects that can decorate the portfolio. Classes are held in spacious and bright classrooms, laboratories and computer rooms. Sports facilities are also available to all students: open areas, indoor playrooms and gyms. Libraries in the buildings are equipped with book depositories and reading and self-study rooms, in which WiFi works.
Admission dates and extra charges
Programs start in September, January and May. The school year lasts 12 months, including holidays. Classes and extracurricular activities can take place both face-to-face and online.
- Accommodation and meals off-campus,
- Public transport
- Computer technologies,
- Annual contributions,
- Books and consumables as needed,
- Personal spending.
Step-by-step admission to BPP:
- Select a program,
- Fill in the online application, attaching the required documents,
- Sign up for an interview with the admissions office,
- Get a preliminary offer,
- Confirm the admission to the education by filling out the consent form,
- Apply for a visa,
- Get recommendations from the university staff on the organization of the trip,
- Get a student account, register on campus.
The university annually admits about 60,000 students, including students on all campuses and online.
The quality of education at BPP is proved every year by graduates who receive job offers before graduation. Every year there are about 93% of such students.
The alumni association includes successful lawyers, doctors and medical workers, businessmen. In the first years after receiving a diploma, they find a high-paying job, regularly improving their qualifications.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Prospective BPP students of foreign origin should be provided with:
- Certificate of completion of the previous stage of education,
- Certificates of achievement, if any,
- Completed application form,
- English language test result: IELTS (from 6.0), PTE (from 64), TOEFL (from 60),
- Copies of personal documents: passport, visa or residence permit, health insurance,
- A summary of work experience, previous locations, goals.
Admission of new students takes place in September, January and May.
Scholarships BPP University
The institution provides students with the possibility of flexible payments for the program, if necessary. Also, almost every student can apply for a loan to pay for tuition.
Scholarship programs at BPP:
- Scholarship for career commitment – up to £ 2000 for promising lawyers,
- Dean's Scholarship of the Faculty of Law,
- Excellence Fellowship,
- Macfarlanes BPP – full payment of the academic year for one of the students with a difficult financial situation,
- BTC Excellence – £1000 for students with a first-class bachelor's degree,
- BTC Advocacy – £1000 for students on barrister courses,
- International scholarship for postgraduate students – 1000£.
Awards are paid once a year, mostly based on academic achievement.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about BPP University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.