Beis Soroh Schenierer Seminary, BSS Seminary
Description of Beis Soroh Schenierer Seminary, BSS Seminary
- Year of foundation: 1988
- Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
- Age of students: 16+
- Number of students: about 100
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: religious school.
The Beis Soroh Schenierer Jewish Seminary was opened in 1988 with the support of the Manchester Rosh Yeshiva of Rav Yehuda Zev Segala with the aim of offering girls a modern and relevant education that combines traditional religious canons in all their rigor with modern teaching methods, which will not only prepare girls for spiritual maturity, but also offer a practical specialty in demand.
The school aims to:
- To give girls confidence by creating a warm and safe atmosphere that promotes the development of an innate sense of self-esteem, as well as contributing to the acquisition of the skills necessary for peaceful coexistence;
- To provide them with the knowledge, competencies and qualifications that are necessary for work, while at the same time separating the spiritual world from the secular one;
- To ensure a high level of teaching of khashkafah, combining intellectual understanding and practical application of the Torah in life;
- Provide students with dormitory skills, which will allow them to coexist peacefully with any people, living in peace and harmony;
- To provide tools for the House of Torah – the creation of a true House of Torah, the education of children in the spirit of success and traditional Jewish values.
Things to know about
The life of the school is surrounded by many traditions and customs, among which a respectable place is occupied by holidays and meals.For example, meals on Shabbat are filled with an atmosphere of warmth and mutual understanding, contributing to individual and collective social growth. Every week, girls get the opportunity to gain a modicum of confidence behind the story of the Torah.
Equally important are the celebrations of Rosh Hashanah, Hanukkah, Purim and Shavuot. This is a special opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of these holy days. As a rule, before and during Yom Tov, shiurim is given in order to enhance the impression, deepen the sense of responsibility and the degree of satisfaction.
The rabbinate and their families join the students in all meals these days, which gives the girls a sense of belonging and care.
In the second year of the seminary, students have the opportunity to take additional courses on marriage and child rearing, closely integrated with the training of teachers within the walls of the educational institution.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Beis Soroh Schenierer Seminary, BSS Seminary
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are provided with a dormitory with comfortable bedrooms and the necessary equipment. The school also provides a team of experienced female employees who are able to provide students with all the necessary assistance in overcoming the difficulties that arise during life away from home.
Activities Beis Soroh Schenierer Seminary, BSS Seminary
The school offers its pupils an extensive and diverse program of cultural, educational, entertainment and educational activities, extracurricular activities and other forms of activity, including:
- All students participate in a chess program that serves as a bridge between the school community and local families, helping and supporting both them and the students;
- Three-day trips, allowing students to get acquainted with the beauty of the English village, with colleagues and teachers, to become more responsible and independent, ready for the challenges of real life in all their diversity;
- Unique meals for the celebration of Rosh Chodesh;
- The Special Purim Weekend serves as a mechanism to provide tools to address the practical problems and challenges facing students at the school and the community around them;
- Shabbat in Liverpool is a measure of encouragement for students of the I-II year, allowing them to fully experience the beauty of the kiruv, while organizing a shalosh-seudos for the community of local Jews;
- The annual Purim Show is a unique and exciting production that gives students the opportunity to express themselves and develop talent, benefiting the community as a professional, recreational and 100% kosher event;
- Second-year students undertake a kind of European tour lasting eight days to the most important religious centers of the Torah of the European continent.
- High standards of education combined with the canons of Judaism;
- Brilliant teaching staff;
- Excellent language training;
- Home comfort and tireless care;
- Practical application of the acquired knowledge about the Torah.
For admission to the seminary, it is necessary to contact the representatives of the administration by e-mail - after that, all the necessary instructions and a form for filling out the application will be sent to the applicant. The school individually approaches the consideration of all applications of applicants and tries to take into account the individual characteristics and needs of each child and his family.
After graduation, girls receive all the skills, knowledge and competencies necessary to continue the academic path, build a career or create a home in the spirit of the Torah.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Beis Soroh Schenierer Seminary, BSS Seminary
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.