Alderley Edge Private School for Girls
Description of Alderley Edge Private School for Girls
- Location: Alderly Age, England
- Year of foundation: 1999
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: only girls.
Alderley Edge School for Girls (AESG) is a full-time independent school for girls from three to 18 years old.
The school was opened in 1999 thanks to the merger of two educational institutions: the Roman Catholic Mount Carmel and the St. Hilary School. Despite the Catholic heritage of both institutions, female students can now practice any religion.
Alderley Edge offers kindergarten, elementary, A-Level, GCSE, and Sixth Form programs.
The use of iPad is included in the educational process of all students. Every girl, from preparatory to high school, is engaged in practical work, programming, creating movies or music using Apple applications. New technologies are being used to both support and improve classroom learning, with a particular focus on online safety, respect and responsibility.
Things to know about
Girls often visit public places with school staff, and can explore the area around campus on the way to the post office, To Waitrose or a park.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Alderley Edge Private School for Girls
Accommodation, meals, prices
AESG operates during daylight hours and does not provide accommodation.
The school is served by a catering team led by professional chef Thomas Franks. The daily varied menu includes hot dishes, salads, freshly prepared sandwiches, desserts and much more. Vegetarian meals, meals for individual needs and dietary requirements are also available to female students. All dishes are prepared from fresh products, and the weekly menu is always available on the site: every morning the girls are shown photos of the dishes and are offered to make a choice for lunch. In addition to a hot lunch, students are provided with healthy morning and afternoon snacks: toast, fruits and vegetables.
Children of the pre-school department are provided with snacks during breaks. The Hub Café is located on site, where high school girls can buy snacks or full meals.
Another excellent service of the school is the care of younger pupils from morning to evening. Admission of girls from two to 11 years old begins at 7:30, after classes they are in the classes of the out-of-school club until 17:30.
Activities Alderley Edge Private School for Girls
The schedule of all students includes "conscious Mondays": at the beginning of each week, seminars are held at which breathing techniques, relaxation and visualization are practiced, feelings and emotions are discussed.
High school girls can devote their free time to their hobbies: dancing, drawing, sports, music. For extracurricular activities, circles are provided, master classes and seminars are held.
In the preparatory department, a large set of extracurricular activities is available to children, ideal for their development and leisure. Some of them are:
- Individual music lessons,
- Speech classes.
Students of all classes have the opportunity to visit Tatton Park, the Whitworth Art Gallery, Little Morton Hall and many other places on day trips.
- The institution is a member of the Association of Schools for Girls (GSA).
- Apple Registered Distinguished School of Excellence (ADS).
- The school is Apple's regional learning center.
- High exam results: A-Level – 66% have A*-A, GCSE – 32% get the highest A* scores.
- No more than 10 students per class.
Facilities and equipment at Alderley Edge Private School for Girls
The school is located in a beautiful village of the same name. The AESG campus is prepared for learning of all ages, mainly classes are held in classrooms, specialized laboratories, computer and sports halls. Young girls can visit the playgrounds on the territory, which are equipped for creative and team games, running and physical exertion. For middle and high school students, access to the school store and gyms is organized.
The school actively uses Apple equipment - mainly the iPad, adapting all programs to new technologies.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year contains three trimesters:
- Autumn: September-December,
- Spring: January-March,
- Summer: April-July.
During the year, there are holidays and weekends in honor of international, national holidays.
The kindergarten department is open from 7:30 to 17:45, primary, middle and high school classes are held from 8:30 from Monday to Friday.
- Non-refundable deposit upon receipt – 75£,
- Confirming deposit – 300£,
- Payment for care in the preschool department - from 7.10 to 11 £,
- School uniform (required),
- Annual fees,
- Activities and individual, additional classes not included in the program.
The first step to enrolling in Alderley Edge will be to fill out an online form on the site: it is created to book a visit to the campus so that the future student and her parents can get acquainted with the school, its staff and already existing students.
Further, all applicants who agree with the conditions of training undergo several trial training days, during which teachers assess the knowledge and skills of girls. To do this, you must fill out the registration form and pay a non-refundable deposit of £ 75.
After a successful test study and if there are free places, an official offer of admission will follow. To confirm your readiness for admission, you must pay a confirming deposit of £ 300.
Graduates are often enrolled in some of the best universities in the country and the world. For example, in recent years, the leading universities and areas among former AESG students have been:
- Nottingham: philosophy, veterinary medicine, photography, computer science,
- York: business and management, history, nursing, computer science,
- Bristol: Economics and Management,
- Exeter: history, jurisprudence,
- Staffordshire: Nursing.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter Alderley Edge, you will need personal documents of the child and parents, translated into English: the list of necessary things includes a foreign passport, medical insurance, visa or residence permit.
Education at the school is conducted in English, so future students of middle and high schools need to have a sufficient language level. Tests can be taken at an introductory day on campus. Exams are also held in leading skills and disciplines in accordance with the age of the applicant.
Enrollment takes place at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
Scholarships Alderley Edge Private School for Girls
The institution provides discounts on tuition fees for girls whose sister is already studying at AESG:
- 10% – second child,
- 20% – third child,
- 50% are the fourth child.
At the same time, the first enrolled girl pays the full cost of the program.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Alderley Edge Private School for Girls
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.