Bahr Dar University was founded in 1954 as a polytechnic college. In 2001, the college received the status of a higher educational institution. The slogan of the university is “Wisdom at the origins of the deep Nile.”
The educational institution is one of the ten largest universities in Ethiopia. Today, 52,000 students are educated here, there are 69 bachelor's specialties, 118 master's and 32 doctoral programs.
Bahr-Dar University has strong partnerships with the best foreign universities: Hamburg University (Germany), Confucius Institute (China), Kentucky State University (USA), Linnaeus University (Sweden), etc.
Extensive scientific work is being carried out by the students and the teaching staff - more than 1700 scientific articles have been published in the last year alone.
Famous university graduates include:
Bahr Dar University students are provided with a dormitory on campus. The cost depends on the placement option: for 2 or 4-seater accommodation, the cost is about $ 700 per month, single accommodation will cost about $ 1000 per month.
The campus is located in Bahr Dar - the main tourist city of Ethiopia: it attracts tourists with clean lakes in the delta of the ancient Nile, ancient monasteries, clean waterfalls. The campus is located in a new area of the city, surrounded by new buildings.
Particular attention is paid to sports education of students. Bahr Dar University has a football field with a total capacity of 15,000 people - sometimes athletics and non-sports university events are held here.
On the basis of the university there are:
All university structures are provided with the latest equipment and computer technology.
An extensive university library, which is equipped with an electronic catalog for convenience, helps to achieve goals and solve the problems of teaching students.
The academic year at the University of Bahir Dar begins in September, but there is a small list of doctoral programs that can be started at year-round.
Additional costs include:
In order to become a student at the University of Bahr Dar, an applicant must provide:
In addition, it is necessary to pass internal exams depending on the chosen specialty.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.