The American University was created in 1991 on the basis of the Western model of education by the forces of the Pan-Armenian Charitable Union and the University of California. The main building of the university operates in the building of the House of Political Education of the Central Committee of the Armenian Communist Party.
In 2006, the American University of Armenia was accredited by the University Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. In 2013, the Armenian University received accreditation from the Western Association and a license from the Ministry of Education and Science of Armenia. Accreditation data means that education received at an educational institution in Armenia is equivalent to education received in the United States. The American University of Armenia was the first educational institution in the territory of the post-Soviet space to receive American accreditation.
American University of Armenia is visited by American politicians, university professors, and scientists.
Today, applicants can receive education in the following specialties:
You can get an education in a magistracy in the following specialties:
Both buildings are located in the center of Yerevan next to the Presidential Palace, the National Assembly (Parliament) and the British Embassy.
In 2006, through the efforts of the US Agency for International Development, the hotel in the center of Yerevan was transferred to the university.
To popularize scientific activities among students, there are:
Students can use the library, which consists of 50,000 prints, 205,000 digital books, magazines, and CD / DVDs .
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.