Alton School Private School
Description of Alton School Private School
- Location: Altona, England
- Year of foundation: 1938
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: more than 500
- Type: mixed.
Alton School is a Catholic full-time school offering programs for students from 6 months to 18 years old.
The institution was founded in 1938 by the Sisters of Our Lady of Providence. Since then, the location of the campus has not changed, but educational standards, the quality of teaching and the teaching staff have undergone major changes. At the moment, the school boasts outstanding graduate results in GCSE, A-Level exams, high-quality education and an individual and caring approach to each of its students.
All study rooms have computers and WiFi is available throughout the campus. With this approach, the institution shows that it welcomes new technologies and prepares its pupils for the rapidly changing modern world. Students use Moodle , a virtual learning environment, Microsoft applications for research and practical work, self-study and extracurricular activities.
Distance learning has been organized quite recently - since March 2020. The platform for gaining access to lectures, practices and communication with teachers is undergoing a regular stage of updating, but already now all students from junior to senior classes use it during illness or forced departure.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Alton School Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school operates during the daytime and has no dormitories.
Meals are served in the dining room on campus. The youngest pupils are provided with breakfasts, lunches and afternoon snacks. Chefs update the menu weekly, preparing dishes from fresh products: dairy, meat, vegetable. Every day children receive fruits, freshly baked bread rolls and drinks. Employees of the institution observe the norms of healthy eating, avoiding allergenic products and a large amount of sugar. In the presence of allergic reactions or individual intolerance to any dish, the parents of the student should contact the manual.
Activities Alton School Private School
Depending on the age of the student, a variety of extracurricular activities are introduced into his curriculum. Students from primary school will be able to try themselves in rugby, football, cricket, netball and hockey, to start participating in the organization of campus events. Teachers realize that not all children succeed in team games, so they offer sections of cross-country running, dancing, trampoline jumping, tennis and athletics. Swimming has been taught since the fifth grade.
Regular competitions in team sports both in the league and in tournaments provide opportunities to show themselves and their skills to representatives of "adult" sports. Students represent the school in national athletics competitions and cross-country skiing.
One of the highlights during the school year is summer Sports Day. This fun event is a friendly rivalry between schoolhouses.
All students, entering the school, are assigned to the Houses, which have their own color, flag and special badges that are attached to the school uniform. There is always a healthy rivalry between the Maisons: in academic success, scientific research, sports and creativity. This approach teaches children cohesion, trust, sound competition and increases their self-confidence.
For younger pupils, the school organizes extended day courses. Children will be able to develop their talents in craft, music, computer science or sports under the guidance of specialized teachers.
- More than 60% of students achieved 7-9 points when passing the GCSE. In the country, this figure is 26.3%.
- 100% passing score in 17 subjects.
- 45% of students received grades from A to A* for exams in the A-Level program. The national average reaches 36.4%.
- An "Excellent" rating in all areas during the ISI inspection process.
- Possibility to study remotely.
- School uniform.
Facilities and equipment at Alton School Private School
The campus is located in Altona, Hampshire. The institution brings together many students from different parts of the region, including Winchester, Farnham, Petersfield, Basingstoke.
Each school department has its own study areas. For the youngest pupils are prepared:
- Individual halls for each age group, consisting of playrooms and rooms,
- Classes for sensory games,
- Fenced and safe areas for walking.
Junior, middle and senior classes are educated in the main building. They are equipped with:
- Lecture classes,
- Specialized laboratories for case studies,
- Common room with kitchen, toilets and showers,
- Computer labs.
WiFi is available on the territory of the school, almost every classroom has access to a computer and a wired Internet connection.
For children attending kindergarten, there is a personal entrance system through the gate, equipped with a keyboard. During the hours, the entrance is carried out through the reception department in the building.
Since students of the school come from different parts of the county and nearby districts, the institution provides them with transport - minibuses, which help children from the third to the sixth grade to get to the educational buildings. In transport, students are unattended by employees.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year lasts from early autumn to mid-summer. Semester dates:
- Autumn: September-December,
- Spring: January-March,
- Summer: April-July.
Classes are held on weekdays - from Monday to Friday, Saturday and Sunday are considered days off. Pupils also rest on international, national holidays and during the holidays - winter and summer.
Tuition fees include many necessary services: meals, books and consumables, health insurance against accidents, events. In addition, you will have to pay:
- Extended day courses in kindergarten,
- Individual lessons,
- School transport,
- School uniforms.
Step-by-step admission to Alton School:
- Visit campus for a study tour or contact the admissions office,
- Provide the required documents by filling out the questionnaire,
- Pay the registration fee,
- Pass entrance tests, interview,
- Expect an official invitation to study.
The school uses different tests depending on the age of the applicant. Children take the Hodder Rising Stars Assessment test to show their skills in grammar, punctuation and spelling, knowledge of mathematics.
Before admission, all students attend the introductory days that take place in June: this trial period should help the student adapt and understand whether the institution is suitable for the development of his ideas and skills.
The admissions committee is selective only when admitting high school students.
40% of graduates every year enter the best universities of Russel Group. The main universities of these are King's College London, Plymouth, Cardiff, Exeter and Southampton, and the most frequently chosen areas are dentistry, physiotherapy, architecture, English and zoology.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Before entering the Alton School, all applicants are tested. Documents required for enrollment:
- Personal documents: passport, health insurance, visa or residence permit,
- Certificate of completion of secondary incomplete education (for those entering high school), reports for the last two academic years,
- The result of the english language test (for middle and high schools) is not lower than level B1,
- Individual achievements.
Scholarships Alton School Private School
The school provides discounts for families with three or more children attending the facility at the same time (they must be between the ages of 6 months and 13 years). A 20% discount applies to the base tuition fee of the youngest child.
Alton School Scholarship Programs:
- Hypatia: replaces all scholarships, recognizing the achievements of high school students in the fields of music, theater and visual arts, sports and case studies
- Governor's material assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Alton School Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.