All Hallows Prep private school
Description of All Hallows Prep private school
- Year of foundation: 1938
- Location: Cranmore Hall, Somerset, UK
- Age of students: 3-13 years old
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: mixed
- Number of students: 320 people.
- Accommodation type: full time, partial, full board.
All Hallows Prep School was founded by Francis Dix in 1938. Originally it was located in Bognor Regis, and only one person studied there. The number of students grew rapidly, but with the start of World War II, the school moved to a safer place in Devon. The school for boys moved to Cranmore Hall in 1946. All Hallows opened its doors to girls in 1972.
The school is located in a rural area not far from Frome, a bustling eclectic shopping city, and nearby there are Bath, Bristol, Glastonbury, and Wells. The seventh largest district of Great Britain, Somerset has retained a typical rural landscape, delights with its diversity - green hills, coastal cliffs, cityscapes.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in All Hallows Prep private school
Accommodation, meals, prices
All Hallows offers a full, weekly, flexible guesthouse, separate overnight stays, tuition without accommodation. The hostel is located in the main building, equipped with modern computer equipment, Wi-Fi, comfortable seating areas.
The staff creates a home environment, attaches great importance to the relationship that builds with students. A lifelong friendship is made up of the students' overall experience, the problems that arise in the team.
The private kitchen offers students fresh, homemade food tailored to their individual needs. The menu includes vegetarian dishes, there is a salad bar.
Activities All Hallows Prep private school
- The choice of daily classes after the end of the school day varies according to the seasons, it includes the sports exercises, creative, book clubs. Friday nights are built on a variety of programs. One of them is All Hallows Night, which unites all boarders for one or two events: pizza cooking in the open air, water fights, discos, dodgeball tournaments, mini-olympiads.
- On Saturdays, additional classes are held for students from 6 to 8 years old; for younger students, there are exercises and sports matches. On Saturday afternoons sports competitions are held from 5th to 8th grade.
- During the holidays, beginner courses, music programs, sports events are organized.
- All Hallows School attaches great importance to being part of the local community: taking part in the Frome art festival, city carnival, Bath and West Show, Nunney Horse Trials, organizing community concerts, the school choir regularly performs in parish churches.
- The educational process, joint activities, life in a boarding school foster confidence that at the age of 13 years graduates will go to high school, being positive, creative, reflective, inquisitive, cheerful students. Pupils of the 8th grade are leaving for some of the best educational institutions in the country with a large number of scholarships. Since 2011, each student has gained access to his chosen institution.
- Career guidance activities for parents with students from 5 years old are held regularly thanks to the “Top of the Tree” program. Students are preparing for the choice of the future school, based on aptitudes, abilities, hobbies. All Hallows helps graduates up to the stage of coordinating admission procedures.
- The school pays great attention to identifying student strengths. The curriculum allows you to study a wide range of subjects: art, creative design, music, performing arts, and sports.
- The boarders live in a historic building where the staff strives to create a homely atmosphere with wood-burning fireplaces and boots built on the porch. Being away from home forms the ability to make friends, to interact with peers, to independently organize time, life.
- All Hallows is a fully inclusive Christian school that welcomes students of all faiths. The basis of the pedagogical system is to treat each student as a person who has his own unique, exceptional value, regardless of faith, educational needs, race, or gender.
- Pupils are under the control of the care service throughout the entire studying period. Teachers, psychologists, and boarding school teachers help students to understand that they are part of a community where compassion, kindness, and patience form the basis of friendship.
Facilities and equipment at All Hallows Prep private school
The school is located in a well-equipped educational building with modern, technically equipped classrooms. Comfortable residences allow you to accept permanent boarders, students who choose partial boarding. On the territory there are forest tracts with an area of 9 acres, the Forest School works. Students enjoy the benefits of their own LTA Tennis Academy, Center for Creative Design, a pool with a retractable canopy, music and other sports facilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
Trimester start dates
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- All Hallows accepts students from 3 years to 12 years.
- Open days are regularly held for those who are entering, a trial stay of students is provided for a better acquaintance with the conditions of education, living in a boarding house.
- Parents apply before or after visiting the All Hallows. On the site, you can send an online application, register.
- After paying the registration fee, the name of the student is included in the list of candidates.
- At the end of the probationary period, during which the students meets with the faculty, future classmates, the admissions committee collects feedback from employees involved in the student's education, and usually offers the parents of the student a permanent place in All Hallows.
- Upon receipt of the offer of a place, an academic deposit is required.
Scholarships All Hallows Prep private school
All Hallows provides scholarships to all students who have confirmed a high level of academic disciplines. Scholarships are also awarded for success in the sports, music, design fields, performing arts. A large number of scholarships justifies itself to a high level of student achievement during the 13+ Common Entrance, a large percentage of enrollment in senior classes chosen by graduates of schools.
A 10% discount is available for the eldest student out of three studying at All Hallows, 20% for the eldest of four students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about All Hallows Prep private school
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.