Academy of Civil Protection of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, AGZ of the Ministry of Emergency Situations
Description of Academy of Civil Protection of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, AGZ of the Ministry of Emergency Situations
- Location: Khimki, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The University was established in 1992 as the Academy of Civil Protection of the State Emergency Committee of Russia.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on the following faculties:
- Management team;
- Command engineering;
- Distance learning;
- For the training of foreign specialists.
The following custom research works have been successfully completed:
- Development of methodological recommendations for the organization of priority life support for the population affected by military conflicts or as a result of these conflicts, and the evacuated population;
- Development of recommendations to the rescuer to take into account the cultural, ethnic and religious characteristics of the population in the aftermath of natural and man-made emergencies in the countries of Southeast Asia;
- Development of a draft textbook "Protection in Emergency Situations";
- Development of a draft textbook "Civil Defense";
- Development of a methodology for justifying the rational procedure for re-evacuation of the population;
- Substantiation of a rational variant of the distribution of personnel of the organizational core for the implementation of priority measures in the deployment of special formations of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia;
- Substantiation of the list of measures to prevent forest fires in the constituent entity of the Russian Federation during the fire season;
- Substantiation of a rational area for the evacuated population on the example of the Kostanay region of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Methodology for substantiating the rational organizational and technical structure of the warning system for the population and government bodies;
- Methodology for determining the rational meta-location of the warehouse of material resources of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation for the priority provision of the population affected by emergency situations.
Things to know about
Graduates, employees and cadets of the Academy participated in the elimination of the following emergency situations:
- The collapse of the roof of the Transvaal Park and the Basmanny Market;
- Humanitarian operations in the Chechen Republic, South Ossetia, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia and other countries;
- Extinguishing forest fires in the Republic of Bashkortostan;
- Liquidation of the consequences of terrorist acts on Guryanova Street and Kashirskoye Highway in Moscow;
- Elimination of the consequences of the hurricane in Moscow and the region;
- Fight against forest and peat fires in the Moscow region;
- Elimination of the consequences of flooding in the Krasnodar Territory;
- Liquidation of the consequences of the flood in the Stavropol Territory of the North Caucasus Federal District.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Academy of Civil Protection of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, AGZ of the Ministry of Emergency Situations
Accommodation, meals, prices
The usual dormitory is not provided to students, cadets and cadets live on the territory of the Academy.
For catering, the university has cadet and officer canteens: a total of 770 seats.
Activities Academy of Civil Protection of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, AGZ of the Ministry of Emergency Situations
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- Round table within the framework of the Arctic expedition;
- Large-scale exercises of the expedition in Vorkuta;
- Festival of the "Club of the Merry and Resourceful";
- Intellectual game "1418";
- Football competitions;
- Math brain ring;
- Sports game "Zarnitsa";
- Big concert of GITIS;
- Academy Swimming Championship;
- Participation of cadets of the Academy in the second season of the show "Heroes";
- International Salon "Archimedes";
- International Choreographic Competition-Festival "Kremlin Stars";
- Golovinskaya ski track.
Facilities and equipment at Academy of Civil Protection of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, AGZ of the Ministry of Emergency Situations
The educational process takes place in one building, equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes. All classrooms are equipped with the necessary modern equipment: screens, projectors, audio systems and computers.
Students are given free access to the central library of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia.
For sports, the university has an educational, sports and universal sports complexes.
Admission dates and extra charges
At AGP, the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
- Leisure and recreation.
For admission to the academy, you must provide:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Proof of use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account when admitting;
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, 2000 students study at the academy, of which 260 are foreign.
After graduating from the university, cadets are assigned to the Ministry of Emergency Situations for further service. For students of civil specialties at the university there is a Career Center, which simplifies the procedure for finding a job.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 27;
- Physics — 36;
- chemistry — 36;
- Informatics and ICT — 40;
- Russian language — 36;
- Social Studies — 42;
- History — 32;
- Foreign language — 22.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the threshold set by the academy itself.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with scores not lower than the threshold set by the academy itself:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Academy of Civil Protection of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, AGZ of the Ministry of Emergency Situations
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Academy of Civil Protection of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, AGZ of the Ministry of Emergency Situations
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.