Academy of Choral Art named after V.S. Popov, AHI
Description of Academy of Choral Art named after V.S. Popov, AHI
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university began its history in 1944 and was the Moscow Choral School. In 1991, the school was reorganized into an Academy, which still exists today. The Academy of Choral Art implements the methodology of continuing education in the programs of secondary, higher education and postgraduate studies.
Faculties and colleges
The Academy of Choral Art includes:
- Choral School named after A.V. Sveshnikov;
- Department of Solo Singing;
- Piano Department;
- Department of Choral Conducting;
- Department of Musical and Theatrical Arts;
- Department of History and Theory of Music;
- Department of General Humanitarian and Socio-Economic Disciplines.
The Academy of Choral Art publishes a network scientific journal "ACADEMIA: Musicology, Performance, Pedagogy", since 2011 it has been publishing the periodical scientific and theoretical journal "Bulletin of AHI".
Things to know about
In 2021, the Academy of Choral Art concluded 11 international agreements on cooperation on education and science with the countries of Europe and the CIS.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Academy of Choral Art named after V.S. Popov, AHI
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Academy of Choral Arts provides nonresident students with a place in the dormitory. In total, the hostel is designed for 60 seats. Upon arrival, it is necessary to provide a medical certificate of form 086 / U.
Meals for students are provided in the Academy's canteen. The total number of seats is 80.
Activities Academy of Choral Art named after V.S. Popov, AHI
The Academy of Choral Art named after V.S. Popov regularly hosts reporting concerts and events of international level. The choirs of the Academy regularly perform on the stages of the Philharmonic, theaters and concert halls.
Facilities and equipment at Academy of Choral Art named after V.S. Popov, AHI
The Academy of Choral Art is located a 10-minute walk from the metro station "Rechnoy Vokzal" in the neighborhood of the Friendship Park in Moscow.
The building has equipped lecture halls, classes for practical classes, a concert hall (for 150 seats), a theater hall and two chamber halls.
To maintain physical activity, students are equipped with:
- sports ground for table tennis and football;
- a small outdoor area for outdoor activities.
In the building of the Academy there is an additional dining room, a medical center and a library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the Academy is organized in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation:
- Fall Semester;
- Winter session;
- Winter-Spring Semester;
- Summer session.
Vacations are divided into two parts:
- winter (several weeks, taking into account the New Year holidays);
- summer (2 months, July-August).
The cost of living in a hostel is from 300 to 600 rubles per month, the amount of the fee depends on the number of people living in the room.
Upon admission, the applicant must pass general education entrance tests (or use of the Unified State Exam) and additional entrance tests of creative and professional orientation, pass an interview.
When passing the competition for training at the Academy, it is necessary to provide the following documents:
- Application for the passage of entrance examinations;
- Consent to the processing of personal data;
- Identity document, citizenship (passport copy);
- Document on education;
- 2 photos (3x4 );
- Copies of documents confirming individual achievements;
- SNILS (copy);
- Documents confirming the special rights of the applicant (according to Article 71 of Federal Law No. 273-FZ);
- A document confirming disability or disability.
More than 100 students study at the Academy of Choral Art every year. Number of budget places:
- Musical and theatrical art — 14;
- Artistic Direction of the Academic Choir – 10.
97% of graduates of the Academy are employed in their specialty after graduation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the Academy of Choral Arts for higher education programmes must have a secondary vocational music education or secondary general education (if there is training in the scope of secondary vocational music education).
Scholarships Academy of Choral Art named after V.S. Popov, AHI
- state social scholarship;
- state academic scholarship;
- state scholarship for postgraduate students and assistant trainees;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- special state scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Academy of Choral Art named after V.S. Popov, AHI
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.