Yelets State University named after I.V. Bunin, YSU named after I.V. Bunin
Description of Yelets State University named after I.V. Bunin, YSU named after I.V. Bunin
- Location: Yelets, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1939 in the city of Yelets, is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the Russian Federation.
The learning process includes courses of lectures and seminars, laboratory and practical work, as well as the successful completion of educational and pre-diploma practices.
Faculties and colleges
Educational activities are based on the following departments:
- agricultural technologies, storage and processing of agricultural products;
- design, art education and technology;
- preschool and special education;
- foreign languages and methods of their teaching;
- history and historical and cultural heritage;
- literary criticism and journalism;
- medical informatics and cybernetics;
- mathematics and methods of its teaching;
- tourism and hospitality;
- chemical and biological disciplines and pharmacology;
- jurisprudence named after V. G. Ermakov.
The priority areas in the scientific work of the university are:
- Natural science, exact and technical research;
- Agricultural research;
- Humanities Research.
Things to know about
The university conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Issyk-Kul State University;
- Nantun University;
- Tajik National University;
- Institute of Finance and Economics of Tajikistan;
- Grodno State Agrarian University.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Yelets State University named after I.V. Bunin, YSU named after I.V. Bunin
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the university provides a comfortable block-type dormitory. The building has 370 rooms for 2-3 people. The hostel complex includes a gym, an assembly hall and a dining room, and the Internet is provided.
For meals for students and staff, the university has three buffets, five canteens, and a café-studio "Elchik". The total capacity is more than 700 people.
Activities Yelets State University named after I.V. Bunin, YSU named after I.V. Bunin
To involve students in social and scientific life, the university organizes and participates in the following events:
- All-Russian (with international participation) Olympiad of pupils and students in service, tourism and hotel activities;
- All-Russian competition of scientific works of students "Pedagogy: traditions and innovations";
- Interregional webinar "Information Security Issues";
- International Scientific and Practical Conference "Philology, Linguistics and Linguodidactics: Issues of Theory and Practice".
Numerous teams operate on the basis of the university:
- Student Association "Press Center";
- Student pedagogical team "Bonus";
- Volunteer detachment "Commonwealth of Responsive Hearts";
- Orthodox student club "Blagovest";
- Literary and historical club "LIK";
- "Pop vocals";
- Choir "Classic";
- Vocal ensemble "Inspiration";
- Folk Song Ensemble "Zavalinka";
- Student Drama Theatre "STUDiYa";
- Student Association "Artistic Word";
- Theatre of Fire and Light.
Facilities and equipment at Yelets State University named after I.V. Bunin, YSU named after I.V. Bunin
Studies are conducted on the basis of 8 educational buildings. The buildings are equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, the classrooms are equipped with the necessary equipment, including screens, projectors, computers, TVs and audio systems.
Students are given free access to the educational library, in the reading rooms of which there are 40 seats.
For sports and physical activity, the university offers:
- 3 universal gyms;
- 2 gyms;
- Sports aerobics room;
- Table tennis hall;
- An outdoor stadium of a wide profile with elements of an obstacle course.
Admission dates and extra charges
At YSU, the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university students undertake the following additional expenses:
- to pay for accommodation in a dormitory;
- for foodstuffs;
- for leisure and recreation.
For admission to YSU you must provide:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at admission;
- A document confirming registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- Photo - for persons entering the results of entrance examinations conducted by the university independently.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
According to the results of the 2022 admission campaign, more than 450 people with an average USE score of 63.1 entered undergraduate programs.
After receiving education at YSU, graduates become sought-after specialists in the labor market. To help you find a job at the university, there is a department for organizing practices and promoting employment.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Literature — 40;
- Geography — 40.
- For applicants who do not enter the exam, points for:
- Entrance test of creative orientation - 45;
- Entrance test of professional orientation - 45;
- Profile test - 40.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of university entrance examinations with scores of at least 60.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with a score of at least 3:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Yelets State University named after I.V. Bunin, YSU named after I.V. Bunin
As material support for students, the university allocates the following scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships for students of the preparatory department;
- Scholarships for students assigned by legal entities or individuals.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Yelets State University named after I.V. Bunin, YSU named after I.V. Bunin
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.