Yaroslavl State Technical University, YSTU
Description of Yaroslavl State Technical University, YSTU
- Location: Yaroslavl, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type of education: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
YSTU was founded in 1975 and at the moment is one of the largest universities in the Upper Volga region of the Russian Federation.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on the following faculties and institutes:
- Faculty of Automotive Mechanics;
- Institute of Civil and Transport Engineers;
- Institute of Architecture design;
- Faculty of Engineering and Economics;
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering;
- Faculty of Chemical Technology;
- Institute of Additional Education and E-Learning.
Things to know about
YSTU is in the top 100 best universities in Russia.
A driving school is actively operating in the university structure.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Yaroslavl State Technical University, YSTU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the university provides 4 dormitories with a total capacity of more than 1600 people.
For the meals of students and staff there is a spacious dining room and two buffets.
Activities Yaroslavl State Technical University, YSTU
To involve students with social and educational-scientific life, the university arranges the following events:
- YSTU Rector's Cups in various sports;
- Video lesson "Gulliver's Magical World";
- Eco-project "From school research to the profession of an ecologist";
- Seminar of the scientific conference of schoolchildren "Discovery";
- International Olympiad "IT-Planet 2023";
- Ecological marathon "Ecogeneration of Yaroslavl – 2023".
Facilities and equipment at Yaroslavl State Technical University, YSTU
The learning process of the university takes place on the basis of 8 educational buildings. Each building is equipped with classrooms for theoretical and practical classes, the classrooms have new and modern equipment: multimedia systems, computers and laptops.
For sports, the university will have a sports complex with a total area of more than 2800 square meters, a stadium with an area of 16,000 square meters, two tennis courts and sports halls in two academic buildings.
Students have access to the traditional (paper) and electronic library fund.
Admission dates and extra charges
At YSTU, the learning process in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given holidays (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university, students assume the following additional costs:
- to pay for accommodation in the hostel;
- for leisure and recreation.
For admission it is necessary to provide:
- Identity and citizenship document;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at the reception;
- Insurance certificate of compulsory pension insurance (if any);
- Medical certificate.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- Personally to the admissions office;
- In electronic form through the electronic information system of YSTU;
- Through the EPGU service.
At the moment, more than 5,000 Russian and foreign students study at the university. The annual admission to the university is 2000 people.
After graduating from YSTU, graduates become qualified specialists who are in demand in the labor market in the chemical-technical, machine-building and engineering-economic sphere.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the educational programs of bachelor's and specialist's degree, the applicant must:
- Completed education not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the Unified State Exam are not lower:
- Mathematics — 40;
- Physics — 44;
- Chemistry , 44;
- Informatics and ICT, 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies, 45;
- History — 44;
- Biology, 44;
- Foreign language — 44.
For admission to master's programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful passing of entrance tests, the minimum score for which is set by the university independently:
For admission to postgraduate programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful passing of entrance tests, with scores not lower than 60:
- Interview in a special discipline;
- Portfolio evaluation.
Scholarships Yaroslavl State Technical University, YSTU
As a material support for students, the university allocates the following scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation.
In addition, the university provides material assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Yaroslavl State Technical University, YSTU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.